Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Region 6 Management hunt

Since the season extends through February 15th, about all the deer will be antlerless anyway. Nice to be able to hunt late like that, but it won't just be does being killed.

mtmiller said:
That may change if I shoot an elk with my game damage tag. As long as the commission goes along with the biologist recommendation, I should have one of those soon.:D

Sure sucks living in MT.;) :D

Damage tags are common here, too. The commission doesn't even have to approve them. Nothing like walking out to the corral and putting one in the ear of a hay thief.:rolleyes: I've done it a couple of times.;)

Ithaca 37 said:
I have good private land deer hunting available to me and any friends I want to take with me. I've used it to convert many mule deer hunters to whitetails.
What a coincidence, Ithaca. I've never hunted whitetails before.;)

Went on one of these hunts last year north of Chotaeu ( can't spell it, can only say it). It wasn't what it was cracked up to be. Landowners were really friendly but not happy about the whole hunt. They were trying to take 500 whitetails out of the area. Unfortunately there was only about 100 taken. The deer went into the river bottom brush where hunting wasn't allowed soon after the shooting started. The landowners we talked to wanted at least the 500 shoty if not more, and all were hunters themselves. After the first week of the hunt it was pretty slim pickens. WE had chances the first 5 minutes in the morning and last 5 minutes before dark. Long hours of daylight in the middle with nothing going on. Hopefully different for the region six hunts. Goodluck

Alright Jeff, I got my map today. Now your job is to tell me which areas have does tied up close to a two-track.:D Can never have too many roads.;)

mtmiller said:
Alright Jeff, I got my map today. Now your job is to tell me which areas have does tied up close to a two-track.:D Can never have too many roads.;)

You aren't going to bring the ATV? :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back