Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana OTC non resident B tags

mndiver

Anyone willing to help me out with some questions I have on B tags? I have some general questions on OTC availability and if there is doable public land.

Thanks! I researched both WY and NE until I couldn't take it anymore and ultimately decided neither fit what I was looking for (ie) OTC, public land available, decent deer population if willing to work. I am from MN and have time on my side. Would like to drive out for a 3-5 day hunt.

#1. I am wondering if there are still tags available over the counter?
#2. Is there a part of the state best suited for late season deer numbers? Farther East the better.
#3. Are mule and whitetail on the same license and available?
#4. Is an elk B license available OTC?
#5 Am I too late for any seasons and I'm just showing my idiocy?
#6 Any tips or starting points very much appreciated. Mostly experienced w stand hunting white tail.

I'm sorry, that was unnecessary. I'm just used to helping people out and mentoring anyone who has ever asked me for help. I was hoping to get some tips on an outstate hunt and now feel like shit for doing so. I should not have responded like that.

This is why we love our non-resident hunters if anybody cares to have story’s about trespassing holes getting shot through water tanks and defecating on every approach I have plenty.

I'm sorry, that was unnecessary. I'm just used to helping people out and mentoring anyone who has ever asked me for help. I was hoping to get some tips on an outstate hunt and now feel like shit for doing so. I should not have responded like that.
Don't worry about it, I have thick skin. I was just pointing out how the 11000 doe tags are effecting the public herd. Just because you can fill a truck with public land does doesn't mean you should.

Don't worry about it, I have thick skin. I was just pointing out how the 11000 doe tags are effecting the public herd. Just because you can fill a truck with public land does doesn't mean you should.
Fill a truck? Hell, I just wanted to have the chance to put a stalk on one deer, enjoy the hunt and go home.

A good starting point would be to check the surplus tag availability on FWP’s site under the hunting section. I haven’t looked for a few weeks, but they regularly update the PDF throughout hunting season with OTC tags still available for purchase via the portal.

I would advise being more congenial when you’re soliciting help from residents (and strangers) on the forum. Good luck on your hunt.

A good starting point would be to check the surplus tag availability on FWP’s site under the hunting section. I haven’t looked for a few weeks, but they regularly update the PDF throughout hunting season with OTC tags still available for purchase via the portal.

I would advise being more congenial when you’re soliciting help from residents (and strangers) on the forum. Good luck on your hunt.
Thank you for both pieces of advice. The former is good information and the latter should not need to be said. I am better than that and have made my apologies.

Those apologies are accepted. I could have been more tactful. Search this forum for Region 7 doe tag and you will find all the info you need. The 11,000 doe tags and the way they are administered is a sore spot with may of us.
Seen a vehicle at the gas station today with 44 legs sticking up in the air in the back. That 8’ bed couldn’t have gotten any fuller. Two more does on a game rack on receiver hitch

I fully understand your anger and frustration after reading this. When I look to a western hunt I foresee an entire day spent glassing and stalking an individual deer. I don't understand how this could be an acceptable way to sell tags and why someone would want to come out just to slaughter deer. Is there no limit for these B tags?

I fully understand your anger and frustration after reading this. When I look to a western hunt I foresee an entire day spent glassing and stalking an individual deer. I don't understand how this could be an acceptable way to sell tags and why someone would want to come out just to slaughter deer. Is there no limit for these B tags?
6 mule deer doe tags, 2 whitetail doe tags, and your A tag

Back