Montana or Wyoming

Still haven't decided were yet. Not in a huge hurry, we are looking at next spring. Need to take a couple road trips.

Right now we are kind of looking at Lander/Riverton Wy.

I'm easy to please, it's the wife I got to work around
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
man they can be a pain in the a$$
She doesn't want to get too far from family wich are here in Utah. Me on the other hand, Get me the hell outta here!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

As far as work, I have a construction background. From excavation, cement work, framing, finish.
Sheet metal work, erecting and repairing gas station canopies and awnings.
I have an intreset in firefighting or police work too.

LMAO Weekend Warrior...That is a very pretty picture you paint of the area...LOL....
Anaconda isn't to bad if you don't mind a lot of retirees...
It is kinda centralized for a lot of cross country hiking into areas with quite a bit of game. If you guy's come in this direction for a look see, let me know, it is only a day's drive to Utah and Bozman, Missoula, Helena are only a hundred miles in any direction, if you want to run over and see them...
biggrin.gif

I left Powell, Wyoming right out of high school. Zero opportunities for non-Mormans.

Cody is about 40 miles away from Powell. My Aunt and Uncle struggled with their motel and restraunt from December 1 thru June 1st. Its a tourist town and that's the way it is. Nurses do okay. So do school teachers. But available jobs are not exactly abundant.

Casper is a windy city. If you don't care for howling wind storms, stay outta Casper. I went to Casper College for a two year Associate Degree. They can have windy Casper.

Laramie is a college town with a stable economy. Excellent hunting nearby. But its a higher elevation and can be downright cold after dark - even in July.

I'ved lived in western South Dakota since 1994. Spearfish and Rapid City are genuine western towns with many job opportunties. Although I dearly love Wyoming, I can make a better living here on the South Dakota side of the Black Hills. I hunt elk in north-east Crook County, Wyoming which is about 90 miles from my doorstep.

Chadron and Crawford, Nebraska are two other non-Wyoming towns I like very much. Bowman, North Dakota is also quite liveable with many antelope and mulies.

Bozeman, MT has way over-priced housing and an ever growing liberal Californian population. Billings is a refinery town and not for me. Great Falls economy is heavily based upon the USAF base there. All sorts of opportunities for a clever fellow with marketable skills.

Hope this is helpful.
Jack

Well, if you want to work, stay out of Great Falls. I'm Air Force, and though I like MT, I'd like to leave GF ASAP! I saw some statistics a while back about MT being the lowest paying state in the nation, and GF being the lowest paying city in the state. If I was retired, I'd move some where near Lincoln, MT. To me, that is a beautiful area. If I was to move any where else, I'd like to go to Wyoming. Since the wife can't stand the cold weather, I guess we'll be going back to the south as soon as I get out. At least I know of some damn good hunting places I can return to and hunt when I leave.

HogFan

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back