Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana opener/weather going to help or hurt ?

This is the first opening weekend I will have missed in many years. As it is getting light here at home it looks like a December morning, with snow, wind and cold.

Some one right now has already notched a tag. Congrats to them. To everyone else, good luck and be safe.

Some ideas for a more sinister and notorious killer of dinks:
  • Houdinki
  • Emperor of Dinks
  • Grim Dinker
  • Shah of Dinkville
  • Muammar al-dinki
  • Mustafa Dinka
  • Osama Bin Dinkin
  • The Prince of Dinkness
I’m calling dibs on shah of dinkville. Wonder how to change my name on here.

The weather was perfect for the opener. Goofed of all day long and watched my son fill a doe tag behind the house.
I don’t feel one bit bad about it.
Tomorrow is gonna be a different story.

18in snow, 20 mph wind, 1.3 mikes up the mtn, my son , whose breaking trail, turns around and says "why the hell do we do this" short answer, were not road hunters,,, the elk from friday didnt materialize,, memories with my son though,,,,

October 21: "Hey dad, everything's ready for when you get here. Can't wait for us to get out there!"

October 22-23 "Well.... he'd probably be pretty upset if I happened to come across a nice buck and not bag him. Maybe I'll go out Saturday morning just to see what it's going to be like, that couldn't hurt."

October 24, 5am, looking out the front window: "Well it just wouldn't be fair to go hunting without dad, he'd be unhappy that he missed out. I'll be a better son for waiting until next week."

It's not that I'm afraid of cold and snow, I'm just too considerate. Also, humble.

I got iced up pretty good last night, trying tonight with the fly unzipped. I had to jet boil my beer to thaw it out for lunch. 1st time for that. It was COLD today. Saw 2 bulls a 5x5 and small 6x6. Had the 5x5 feeding at 60 or so yards. Wasn’t about to take off my mittens for that one.
View attachment 159488
I won’t lie .... it even looks cold .... brrrrr

I got iced up pretty good last night, trying tonight with the fly unzipped. I had to jet boil my beer to thaw it out for lunch. 1st time for that. It was COLD today. Saw 2 bulls a 5x5 and small 6x6. Had the 5x5 feeding at 60 or so yards. Wasn’t about to take off my mittens for that one.
View attachment 159488
That a Wyoming hat hanging on that tree?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back