Caribou Gear

Montana opener/weather going to help or hurt ?

The hardest part of the hunt is getting out of the tent at night to pee.

yes WY hat Buzz!
Can see why you drink Hopzone, then. More bang for the buck since you'd have to drink more Coors Delights and Busch Lattes and get out of the tent that many more times. It was a cold bastard this weekend.

I had to make a trip to Billings Sunday and then back today. Judging from the ratio of rigs in the ditch vs rigs that had dead critters I would say the weather didn't help too much.
Judging from the rigs in the ditch and Stuck in the drifts it was a mostly quiet weekend here.

Got to take part in a limited elk permit hunt this weekend. The weather did not disappoint and neither did the animals. We kept the beer from freezing and brought plenty of whisky and more importantly got the hell out of there before it melted again. Hadn't quite firmed up yet on the way in Thursday...
IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_4998.JPG

I was in central WY chasing whitetails this weekend with the same storm that blew through MT. For a Texas boy that just moved out west 6 months ago, this was quite a difference. I did find the deer, but bumped them from their beds and they took off to private. I sat and watched for them for 4 hours the following day in single digit temps, but never saw them again...WY WT Camp 2020.JPGWY WT Hunt 2020.JPG

Got to take part in a limited elk permit hunt this weekend. The weather did not disappoint and neither did the animals. We kept the beer from freezing and brought plenty of whisky and more importantly got the hell out of there before it melted again. Hadn't quite firmed up yet on the way in Thursday...
View attachment 159714
View attachment 159716
Nice lookin bull. So your ThAt guy rutting shit up huh😉

View attachment 159714
View attachment 159716
Is that bull dead? mtmuley

We fortunately didn’t get as much snow in the breaks as we could have. Hard to say for sure how much with how it blew. The enclosed trailer worked well keeping us warm in the sub zero weather. Unfortunately I didn’t get around to putting a vent in and broke the side door handle to get out yesterday morning. Damn condensation. On the plus side, my wife got a cow Sunday afternoon and we brought some good meat home. Cut 3 sets of lion tracks on the pack out.

Attachments

• 1755BBEA-0A6F-463F-8B33-78E7C4711456.jpeg
    1755BBEA-0A6F-463F-8B33-78E7C4711456.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 27
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back