Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana opener/weather going to help or hurt ?

Me neither. Planning on shitty sleep, and having the alarm set through the night to wake up and keep the wood stove going.
This is where you hope your hunting partner is a lighter sleeper than you. Mine, unfortunately, isn't.

Should be an interesting new experience if temps are in the single digits at night. I have never camped with those kind of temps.

Last year was a very similar opener. I was camped in a wall tent, and our number one challenge was keeping the water and beer from freezing.

My advice would be to bring whiskey

Last year was a very similar opener. I was camped in a wall tent, and our number one challenge was keeping the water and beer from freezing.

Whiskey, check!

Truth.

I just pulled the plug on my drive back to MT for opening weekend. Not worth it to do a white knuckle 12hr drive each way for 3 days of hunting with a 14 degree high (in town) on Sunday. Hopefully make it work in a couple weeks. Good luck and make good choices to everyone that braves the weather.

If it was Arizona the FS would be locking the fates to the roads and closing the forest down fOr yOuR oWn saFeTy like they did for last years flurry.

This is another reason why temperate climate transplants en masse to Montana is bad. It won’t be long and they’ll be demanding the same of your ranger district.

Montana certainly gas gotten slammed.
Two days to get across, really got slammed outside Bozeman last night.
Deer and elk were moving saw many of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back