Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana NR preference points?

Magnum Sherpa

What are these NR preference points offered for $50 when you apply for the big game combo? I was under the impression that bonus points were used in the limited draws for deer and elk in Montana, so what are the preference points used for? I bought one last year when applying for the big game combo, but when I logged into my account on the website today I do not have any preference points listed. Are they to draw the big game combo? If so, they are a rip off since they have had surplus licenses for several years now.

What are these NR preference points offered for $50 when you apply for the big game combo? I was under the impression that bonus points were used in the limited draws for deer and elk in Montana, so what are the preference points used for? I bought one last year when applying for the big game combo, but when I logged into my account on the website today I do not have any preference points listed. Are they to draw the big game combo? If so, they are a rip off since they have had surplus licenses for several years now.

Yes and yes.

they are a joke, if you want a point for a permit you need to buy a BONUS point. Pref point is only for the big game combos , not for PERMITS . so yes at this point they are a joke . like throwing $50 out the window.

The only people getting ripped off are the ones that don't know what they are buying.

It is hard to know exactly what you are buying the way it is worded on the FWP website. They don't refer to it as a preference point at all on the application page. Rather, they ask would you like to pay $50 for the "Preference Fee." In general I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to western big game applications. I apply to and hunt in several western states per year, but this had me baffled. I feel like they are especially taking advantage of the poor sucker who might come out once in a few years to hunt. I would bet 95% of the people applying for the NR big game combo wouldn't be able to explain what the "Preference Fee" is for.

been a few years since I bought a mt tag.They actually sell preference points and bonus points??

They are selling preference points for the nonresident combo license too. But since the license increase several years ago, no one would have actually accrued one since everyone who applies draws the tag.

Back