Montana NR Big game combo draw odds

Michigangunner

What is your prediction on draw odds for the Montana NR Big game combo or Elk combo ? I will be going in with 2 points in this 2024 draw.

Yes. I talked to an outfitter the other day. In addition to getting an extra point, they also apply as a group. They said you can draw every year as a NR as long as you are going through the Outfitter.
Just remember that you can ONLY hunt with that outfitter, even though Montana has a months long season, if you have a week with that outfitter that is all that your tag is good for. Probably not an issue for a lot of folks who only have the one week anyway but it's important.

Yes. I talked to an outfitter the other day. In addition to getting an extra point, they also apply as a group. They said you can draw every year as a NR as long as you are going through the Outfitter.
I bet they stop doing this real soon as it's going to take 3 full points to draw. They are using guys with 3pts to prop up their other clients. Kind of like how tag services do it in WY.

Just remember that you can ONLY hunt with that outfitter, even though Montana has a months long season, if you have a week with that outfitter that is all that your tag is good for. Probably not an issue for a lot of folks who only have the one week anyway but it's important.
Good to know. Thanks.

Those are kinda crazy rules. Not only am i using an outfitter, I'll also be spending money staying extra time and money at Montana motels, restaurants, retailers, etc.

I obviously won't apply through the outfitter. My buddy can't afford an outfitter, and his wife doesn't like the taste of elk (only one of 5 people in the whole state of Montana according to him). She likes mule deer and whitetail and antelope. Go figure.

I assume they were put in place to deal with people like me, LOL. I'd find the cheapest outfitter and buy two points and then if that hunt didn't pan out I'd spend the rest of the spring out there hunting. But now I can't do that, so I am going in with 0 again.

Talked with my outfitter and he said that he wa counting on me not coming, LOLOLOL. He thought that I had just going to have one preference point when I apply in March. Nope, I bought one last July. So, I'll have tow. I won't need his. Life is good. If I don't get a tag in April, so be it.

You can hunt with that tag with another outfitter, as long as you are not hunting on public land.

I thought you can hunt public or private just need to be with an outfitter?
What I meant was that if you don't use another outfitter, you can't hunt on public land. Follow? The outfitter can take you on public land, but you can't hunt by yourself, alone, without that outfitter. Follow?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back