Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Montana Muzzleloader seasons 2021

I appreciate the advice. I’ve shot the TC Nee Englander a lot about 15 years and I normally disassembled and soaked the barrel in my bath tub in a cleaning solution and warm water. After an hour I would dry it and use a muzzleloader lube.

I purchased one box of waxed TC Buffalo bullets in 385 grain. I will start out with a low load and work my way up in chargers of 5 grain increments.

I will only be able to shoot less than 100 yards, based on shooting/hunting previously for whitetail deer.

Just for the record for all the guys that say I shouldn’t partake in this traditional hunt, I cannot hunt until mid December anyhow due to working on a construction project and family time. I hope to get out both weekends in the season.
Come hunt Montana seasons so long you can hunt when it’s convenient for everyone. I wonder if you can do that in any other western state?

I appreciate the advice. I’ve shot the TC Nee Englander a lot about 15 years and I normally disassembled and soaked the barrel in my bath tub in a cleaning solution and warm water. After an hour I would dry it and use a muzzleloader lube.

I purchased one box of waxed TC Buffalo bullets in 385 grain. I will start out with a low load and work my way up in chargers of 5 grain increments.

I will only be able to shoot less than 100 yards, based on shooting/hunting previously for whitetail deer.

Just for the record for all the guys that say I shouldn’t partake in this traditional hunt, I cannot hunt until mid December anyhow due to working on a construction project and family time. I hope to get out both weekends in the season.
Are deer and elk less pressured in December because you can’t come till then?

SMFH. mtmuley

I find it a bit ironic that MT’ favorite minivan driving muzzleloader lover is moving right as he’s getting a season

Good luck man, I say have at it and enjoy. You need to utilize what time you have available, and this is the opportunity.
When my kids were growing up, my hunting was limited to half-a-Saturday and whatever days I could take off from work or before/after work quick hunts, a guys gotta make the best of things.

For me it's not about the additional week to put more stress on the animals. For me it's the experience of using an archaic piece of equipment in modern day 21st century, which in a small way brings me back to simpler times and makes the hunt more challenging. It IS a <100 yard game with a traditional percussion cap open sights muzzleloader, and you need to know your weapon and how it works and how to clean it, or you'll just end up hiking around all day with a 10 lb. weight in your hand that you might as well just throw at the animal.

For me it's the experience of using an archaic piece of equipment in modern day 21st century...
You may already do that in Montana during various seasons and in many hunting districts, essentially from the middle of September until the middle of February. Why do you favor a separate additional season extending the general season and exacerbating the pressure hammering of deer and elk most of the year?!!!

Anyone sit out opening Saturday of season out of principle?

Anyone hang up their rifle after the deer start rutting out of principle?

Anyone make their kid sit out youth season out of principle?

Anybody going to forgo hunting the proposed opportunity in certain areas next season out of principle?

Was Anyone around 15 years ago when they extended elk season 2 weeks and hunters didn't kill Jack shit?

Does anyone have a mirror?

I don't think I've ever seen so many black powder shooters at the local ranges I go to in my entire life than I have this year. Coincidence I think not.

To each his own on the deal, at some point someone is gonna need to come up with some structure that isn't gonna allow some free for all opportunity.

I don't mind a primitive weapons season structure but I'd be more inclined to accept it if it was a draw tag in which you were confined to that season only. Not having already 11 weeks of hunting season as well.

Wonder how many are gonna have the backup 300wm in the truck along with the. 50 cal.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back