Montana mule deer

I love how we sit here and float around all the ideas to improve mule deer hunting in MT while our FWP director and governor are in the fast lane trying to ruin the hunting in MT completely.

We are at 14 pages right now. Hopefully everyone is this active at the meetings coming up. I don’t know if it’s going to do any good, but we better participate or our hunting is going to be the shits.
Members here are as active in engaging in the meetings and public comment as we are at having fun with it sometimes. mtmuley

Members here are as active in engaging in the meetings and public comment as we are at having fun with it sometimes. mtmuley
Having fun with it until you're the victim..... I couldn't sleep last night so the first thing I did was enroll in a personal defense class this a.m. only guy in it, then I went and got me one of these.

images (3).jpeg

Pretty well ready now. In case he comes back.

Having fun with it until you're the victim..... I couldn't sleep last night so the first thing I did was enroll in a personal defense class this a.m. only guy in it, then I went and got me one of these.

View attachment 191761

Pretty well ready now. In case he comes back.

"That's my purse, I don't know you!" @EYJONAS!

I love how we sit here and float around all the ideas to improve mule deer hunting in MT while our FWP director and governor are in the fast lane trying to ruin the hunting in MT completely.

We are at 14 pages right now. Hopefully everyone is this active at the meetings coming up. I don’t know if it’s going to do any good, but we better participate or our hunting is going to be the shits.
My anecdotal evidence says it already is.

Last edited by a moderator:
While there are plenty of hunters that are meat guy's, I would argue that very few are only meat guys.(people that shoot the first legal buck that offers an ethical shot). Hunters pass on deer for reasons other than antler size. Maybe they just want to spend more time in the field, maybe they don't want to pack a three point out of the canyon. On the other hand if that 170 three year old steps out most people are shooting first day, first light, any place.
Some good points made there.
For me and my friends when we visited Montana we were not trophy hunters, but we couldn't be described as meat guys either, as we couldn't take it home.
We were after the experience first and foremost, not after the antlers, not at all.
Of course we were DIY hunters, but if I had paid 1000's of dollars to travel across the world and hunt with an outfitter then I would hope for a trophy, but that isn't us.
Meat was eaten, by us, and donated to friends and food banks.
I can't comment on your management policies but this thread is kind of relevant to some previous comments made on this thread.

A previous poster made reference to nutrition, all I can say is the county where I live in the UK we have average size roe bucks, but travel 100 miles East to Hampshire and they have plenty of trophy sized Roe Bucks, nothing to do with management but more to do with the fertile soil and minerals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshNelson27
Back