Montana Mountain Goat- at wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a goat killed in the Beartooths a few days ago. Blue skies, 45 degrees, goats well below the snow line. Doesn’t get much easier than that for a November goat.

20 days of season left and the weather this coming weekend looks good, again.
Is your tent Ok after the that trip? I heard there's a tent shanker loose up there......

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure why this train wreck of a thread hasn't been deleted? But, I've learned some stuff from it so I'm glad it hasn't been. Three things learned about, in no particular order: 1) tent shanking! 2) that people lose their sh*t over goat hunting! 3) where to go goat hunting in MT!

FWIW the late great Jim Posewitz did the same thing with the last goat tag he drew. Never even hunted it as he had already killed one. Should have let someone else have the tag.

However, rumor has it Jim shanked his tent at his house and sold it as memorabilia to fund conservation so there is that.

I laugh that some of the MT guys are so "just take time off and go hunting" after he said he is far from the unit and had little time left. I hope he gets one, but I also hope he doesn't come back saying he didn't because some of you will never let him live it down.

#truemontanavalues
#shootthatforkie

I laugh that some of the MT guys are so "just take time off and go hunting" after he said he is far from the unit and had little time left. I hope he gets one, but I also hope he doesn't come back saying he didn't because some of you will never let him live it down.

#truemontanavalues
#shootthatforkie
You're FUKN A right I'm not.

When the grown man has a 3yr old fit and finds out that when you have the tag yeah.... it's not easy. I hope he gets one, I really do. If he doesn't it'll eat at him for the rest of his life.

I don't understand the grief this guy is getting on this site.
He was honest about his experience and he gets crucified for it?
Some of it sounds like 3rd grade schoolyard dog piling.

We have no idea what is going on in his personal life that could affect his mental state or ability to take time off.
So much for supporting our fellow hunters I guess?

What's the worst thing that happens as a result? Fish and game population survey plus hunter harvest shows a recommendation of an additional tag in the future?

Personally, I think that is a far better outcome than someone admitting to killing 2 OIL animals on 1 tag, which happened last year on this forum.
To each their own.

Meanwhile..... there's guys that have waited over 40 years for an opportunity like this.
Devils advocate... youve gotta be greatful for what you have and not ungrateful for what you dont. Luck was on his side and the tag is to do as he pleases. Most of us will never kill a bull of the quality in your picture or some of the animals you have been fortunate enough to harvest. I dont get mad at the old folks that win the powerball 🤣

#truemontanavalues
#shootthatforkie
Right now tonight id burn all my points for that tag with what’s left on season and the weather we have. Work be damned my wife might get over I’d be heading up the mountain. Only get so many seasons in this life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back