Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Mountain Goat- at wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best post I’ve read on hunttalk was when I was beat fuggin down and hunting sheep. @Oak did it and it rings 110% true for me anyway.

This moose hunt is gonna be a real test for my pal Jake. Hopefully no going Texas Chainsaw on the tent. That damn battery in the saw weighs more than my rifle. We will have firewood here when it’s late.
View attachment 296894
How is that thing? Nothing sucks more than dragging around this stihl farm boss that leaks bar oil. Got to bring a saw because the one time you don’t, a storm will blow a tree across the road, but dealing with getting fresh fuel, mixing it with oil, draining it, cleaning the gunked up carb because i never actually used the saw etc is a PITA.

Also, for anybody in the future skimming unit x2x goat hunting info… bring a chainsaw when you go up the road with the currently washed out bridge. I’ve needed one twice up there.

How is that thing? Nothing sucks more than dragging around this stihl farm boss that leaks bar oil. Got to bring a saw because the one time you don’t, a storm will blow a tree across the road, but dealing with getting fresh fuel, mixing it with oil, draining it, cleaning the gunked up carb because i never actually used the saw etc is a PITA.
So far so good with this one. I’m not a saw expert. I had it in a bag with the bar and chain off, but no leaking of bar oil. I pulled the battery from my girlfriends lawnmower to bring so my plan is to cut way more wood than we’ll ever need here.

So far so good with this one. I’m not a saw expert. I had it in a bag with the bar and chain off, but no leaking of bar oil. I pulled the battery from my girlfriends lawnmower to bring so my plan is to cut way more wood than we’ll ever need here.
Don't nick rocks , or even dirt. Kinda like a dull skinning knife.

20220128_103958.jpg
No bar oil needed on this guy.

We have the dewalt and Milwaukee battery saws at work they are highly impressive that Milwaukee and one big battery would be awesome for just clearing a road for that

We have the dewalt and Milwaukee battery saws at work they are highly impressive that Milwaukee and one big battery would be awesome for just clearing a road for that
I've got the milwaukee pole saw and man is that thing handy for cutting limbs. super light if you have to climb with it too.

I've got the milwaukee pole saw and man is that thing handy for cutting limbs. super light if you have to climb with it too.
We have a couple of the dewalt pole saws also the other night I tried putting 2 of the middle pieces together to extend it more doesn’t work

We have a couple of the dewalt pole saws also the other night I tried putting 2 of the middle pieces together to extend it more doesn’t work
I can switch mine from pole saw to weed eater attachment. Never thought I'd like an electric trimmer but I'd never go back to 2 stroke now. Plus I don't have to mix gas for the wife or kids or have them tell me they can't get it started. 😉

I can switch mine from pole saw to weed eater attachment. Never thought I'd like an electric trimmer but I'd never go back to 2 stroke now. Plus I don't have to mix gas for the wife or kids or have them tell me they can't get it started. 😉
It’s not electric its battery powered per the old lady I told one day that I liked her electric mower

Best post I’ve read on hunttalk was when I was beat fuggin down and hunting sheep. @Oak did it and it rings 110% true for me anyway.

This moose hunt is gonna be a real test for my pal Jake. Hopefully no going Texas Chainsaw on the tent. That damn battery in the saw weighs more than my rifle. We will have firewood here when it’s late.
View attachment 296894
You guys are getting soft, since when was firewoood a requirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back