Montana Moose Sheep Goat RESULTS

I'd wear a brown paper sack on my head if I was hunting ewes in 680. mtmuley
I hunted ewes in 680 when I was just out of college back in 2006. I went to ask permission from a landowner and when I said I was hunting ewes he literally started laughing at me.

Besides that and dealing with the gumbo mud in a 1993 Maxima it was a pretty cool hunt haha.

Isn't it in Montana that the successful hunters that draw, find out at least a week earlier than unsuccessful hunters ;)(y):ROFLMAO:.

Ok, so my property in on a river. Moose come thru quite regularly - I sometimes shout at them to run them off if checking birds early, chased an overly-curious fellow away once with a rake. I apparently put in for a moose tag in a unit that will take me about an hour to get to a decent trailhead, and, Id guess at that time of year, 3+ miles, at the least, walking to get into moose. I really hope I dont win.

I keep checking even though I know it's not going to be until much later this week or next.

Based on 2020 stats I have a 0% chance at moose, 5% at sheep, and 13% at goat in the units I chose so I have a legitimate chance of being really disappointed with the drawings this year

I keep checking even though I know it's not going to be until much later this week or next.

Based on 2020 stats I have a 0% chance at moose, 5% at sheep, and 13% at goat in the units I chose so I have a legitimate chance of being really disappointed with the drawings this year
Those detailed bonus point spreadsheets are really misleading when it comes to draw odds. Not to burst your bubble but I don’t think there’s a sheep draw unit in the state that has legitimate 5% or higher odds even for max point holders

Those detailed bonus point spreadsheets are really misleading when it comes to draw odds. Not to burst your bubble but I don’t think there’s a big three draw unit in the state that has legitimate 5% or higher odds even for max point holders
oh i'm aware of that...that's why I said "I have a legitimate chance of being disappointed". I would also wager with increased interested in all things hunting that odds are going to be significantly lower than previous years. That's why I'll always advocate for $75 application fee to be reinstated to weed out some of the riffraff...in fact I'd suggest that a person fronts the entirety of the permit cost with refunds given minus a portion for "drawing fee"

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back