Montana Management Plans

mdunc8

So I'm already strategizing for next year. I've looked through the elk management plans for some specific sections throughout the state, but everything seems to be from about 2004ish. I have a feeling most of the information provided on the website are very misleading since that's about the time wolves really started to take hold in many locations. Are there any current reports online that I'm missing or am I gonna have to get in touch with the biologists to find more recent data?

I'm looking for something a little more detailed than that. The management document includes population estimates, hunter days, and success rates for specific sections. I'm thinking about traveling a few hours to see some new country next year and would like to see more recent data. Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited:
FWP is slow on getting this out...they do the survey every year, but you often don't see the result for a few years. Look at Eastman's MRS...a lot of the time they have a N/A in sections for Montana or not available at print date. That is the best thing I have found though. Eastmans does a great job of digging. You should beable to find it on FWP's website in the spring sometime too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back