NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

Shooting a 2yr old muley should illegal. Full draw allows for science to base tags off of.

Quotas based off greed. And opportunity. Poor choice. Opportunity for the rich.

Just looking at it again. Quotas up. Basically alot of those most, are private. Leads me to believe they trying to give non res or paying clients opportunity. So a bunch more pressure on bulls will get land owner objectives down to tolerence. Hm doubtful.

My opionon on why some public dont get more involved. 1 most have and see money and politics rule. 2 they do but its ignored by fwp. Who are these people that say opportunity, more, more killing. Idk. Does anybody have a explanation. I think politics and landowners use that. More tags for them, clients possible. I honestly don't know anyone wanting more tags to the point of ruining quality. Only thing i can figure is it is private getting more clients in position for the jfk shot.
3 more than u think care. But drowned out. 4 needs to be clearly explained. What are consequences of more tags and based off of history what will happen. Pressure, killing more bulls, bucks. Does that effect a 5x5 from breeding cows. Simplify it. Base it off of science.

Wheres user name old man at. I want to hear more stories of the greatest elk herd man ever knew. Maybe just me. The northern yellowstone elk herd. Old man pm me. Thats the era i grew up in. I know what mt could be.

Gianforte owns fwp. If u havent noticed worsuck calls gianforte daddy

Last edited:
Lol. Ya i no scholar. Forgot grammar police around. Hopefully everyones fwp comments were in english.

No I would be bought off. And give the landowners and rich what they want awhile screwing the public land hunters. Giving them opportunity to kill everything. Brown its down. My first step would be to appoint a fall guy at fwp to blame next election. Fire him 6 months before 2nd term. Then act like a republican because thats what mt loves. Awhile doing what $$$ says. Because i can be bought.

Lol. Ya i no scholar. Forgot grammar police around. Hopefully everyones fwp comments were in english.
It's not about "grammar police," it's that people won't take your ideas or opinions seriously if you don't put any effort into the language you use to express them. Write like you want to be understood, not like you're spitballing a text message.

Also, this thread is about a high stakes issue that means a lot to a lot of people. It's not a sounding board to ramble on, so you should probably leave one comment at a time instead of three or four at a clip.

My thought is, your average joe hunter. He does not expect to draw a 380 tag or 270. Put what is happening in there language. Great I drew unit 411. But so did 400 other guys. 150 of them going to pay for it. So basically me and 250 other guys out there. But spike hunters, cow hunters, deer hunters, elk history. What the elk do come oct. Fools gold tag. Explain everything in english. My opionon most info on here dosent get told by the public hunter. Put it out there. Some think great 250 guys burning there points on a private unit, giving that unit up to private. Explain everything in facts and science. It won't be lost.

Pardon my dumb question. I am trying to follow all of this but my understanding is that if this stuff goes through it will be unlimited archery permits in the bundled 700 units?

Does this mean that I wouldn't need to apply for the general draw in order to get these tags just go buy them OTC? I would hope this isn't the case but nothing would really surprise me I guess.

Second wave of emails coming from WI after this question is answered.

Thanks to all who are fighting the good fight in MT and are able to be there in person, your time and energy are GREATLY APPRECIATED by this non resident hunter who has been blessed to enjoy your great state on several occasions.

Pardon my dumb question. I am trying to follow all of this but my understanding is that if this stuff goes through it will be unlimited archery permits in the bundled 700 units?

Does this mean that I wouldn't need to apply for the general draw in order to get these tags just go buy them OTC? I would hope this isn't the case but nothing would really surprise me I guess.

Second wave of emails coming from WI after this question is answered.

Thanks to all who are fighting the good fight in MT and are able to be there in person, your time and energy are GREATLY APPRECIATED by this non resident hunter who has been blessed to enjoy your great state on several occasions.
Permit draw is done after the general draw. You would still have to draw a general tag but would then be guaranteed to draw your permit.

Permit draw is done after the general draw. You would still have to draw a general tag but would then be guaranteed to draw your permit.

So NR draw odds will be about impossible to figure for the next couple years because I would assume more people would apply knowing they can go hunt the breaks?

So NR draw odds will be about impossible to figure for the next couple years because I would assume more people would apply knowing they can go hunt the breaks?
Well you’ve got the option of booking with an outfitter and buying two preference points to a DIY’s one until you reach the maximum of three so there’s that going for you…😏

Don’t stress about draw odds too much. I figure we’ll have all those pesky elk killed off of public land in central and eastern MT within a couple of years.

Then everyone can turn their attention back to the mountains of western MT and continue the annihilation there.

We’ll be so much more effective if all the hunters concentrate on eliminating wildlife in one area at a time.

Well you’ve got the option of booking with an outfitter and buying two preference points to a DIY’s one until you reach the maximum of three so there’s that going for you…😏

Don’t stress about draw odds too much. I figure we’ll have all those pesky elk killed off of public land in central and eastern MT within a couple of years.

Then everyone can turn their attention back to the mountains of western MT and continue the annihilation there.

We’ll be so much more effective if all the hunters concentrate on eliminating wildlife in one area at a time.
The most ironic part of all these threads is that NR's keep asking questions about the application process. If you are a NR, DIY, public-land elk hunter, FIND ANOTHER STATE! MT is trying to make hunting a private-land, outfitter-led experience. If you aren't willing to fork over the $$$, it is going to be difficult. I have watched a hand full of MT elk-hunt videos from the last few years and I don't think one was shot on public land except Randy's. This includes RMEF hunts.

MOGA members compete with outfitters in other states. They had better be paying attention to the decline in hunting quality because the way messages move on social media these days it is going to affect them quickly.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back