Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

I think you’re misunderstanding my point. My point is, everyone seems to be so focused on the unlimited archery permits increasing crowding and removing the 10% NR cap that they seem to ignore the 50% increase in rifle permits. Obviously unlimited archery permits are going to have a huge effect on quality. I’ll admit I’m personally more concerned about unlimited archery permits too, but from a quality aspect I think increasing rifle permits by 50% is going to have a big effect too. It’s also likely to decrease rifle success rates in those units.
If they reduce archery tags by 50% maybe there is room for a few more rifle tags...

Am I tracking this correctly that now they are proposing limited archery permits with a quota in Units 411/412, 417/426, and 447? And this is a change being proposed after public comment has closed?

We here in Florida are dealing with the same crooked politicians. I think that all these elections are crooked and rigged. This is the 13th year that Red snapper have been closed in the Atlantic. Any time we go out bottom fishing for grouper or whatever, all ya catch are red snapper. And ya gotta throw them back. They opened ARS (American Red Snapper) for 3 days this year. Ya had to go 40 miles to get a ARS of any size. The Gulf of Mexico is so crooked that the had to get rid of that show on either Nat Geo or Discovery that showed commercial fishermen taking out 10-15,000 lb longline catches. And a few commercial outfits payoff the "Regulators" who ned up taking down a govt pension, retire and get a highly paid job at their benefactor. F'ing crooked.

It's the same old story, and instead of red snapper it's elk. I really liked one of the members who suggested that any big ranch that doesn't open up to public hunting gets no cow or bull permits. Screw these billionaires. Disgusting. I feel for everybody in Montana, and Wyoming and Idaho. We are dealing with it down here in Florida with the flood of New Englanders and New Yorkers, and Penna's moving down here for the cheap cost of living. I have a bumper sticker: The Locals Hate You!!! Also a shirt that says "We Don't Care How You Did It In New York!!" Then ya got the butthole libs dictating the hunting of wolves. They live half way across the country yet they think they can control what goes on in Montana or out west. Who the F are you?? King Sht?

The country is a mess. God help us.

300 plus is a good bull in 410, or any unit. Maybe montana should take the good fron every state out there. And imply it. Everyone is horn hunters i know. But eat the meat. Fwp made cwd good for whitey bucks in my area sheridan, dillon, twin for a reason. My opion make all antler a draw. Cow and doe huntvevery yr. Pretty simple. Force it down private and publics throat. Its what everyone wants. A chance at killing a good buck or elk. But its a draw that allows that based off if science. No reason a hunter private or public should be killing young bucks or bulls. Faceboik, instagrahm dinks. Sad.

Spike bulls should not be killed, mule deer should be atop of MT list of endangered species. Meat hunter opurtunity is glaring whiteys kill 7. Cow elk kill the 7 months out of the yr. General should be draw to protect the elk and muley buck from the orange army along with the private $$$.

Spike bulls should not be killed, mule deer should be atop of MT list of endangered species. Meat hunter opurtunity is glaring whiteys kill 7. Cow elk kill the 7 months out of the yr. General should be draw to protect the elk and muley buck from the orange army along with the private $$$.
Let’s take about 20% off over there…

Bambistew. Wolves crushed the greates elk herd in man kinds history. Wolves kill public elk mostly. Private protects the elk from all predators

A draw based of antlered elk, mulies fixes all. Opportunities is killing a cow elk or whitey or 5 every yr

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back