Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

I would think a better solution would be to add $5 to $10 to to every tag and lic and hire another bio in every region. And base tags off of science.

Iam just telling u what will happen. Poking holes in your reporting bull chit. Its fwps job to do counts and keep track.
And I’m just telling you it’s the epitome of flaming hypocrisy. You want scientific management but refuse to be a part of it.

That’s bull chit here, but I don’t think expect you to acknowledge that. You want more bios, but can’t see why harvest data and hunter dispersal would be useful? Good grief.

The data should be there counts on elk, deer herds. Tags based off of science.

Realistically not many people going to tell u where they killed there elk. Just being realistic. Iam going to tell them didnt c much in my fav unit and there were alot of predators.
Good lord, with the size of the units now, not to mention how big they'll be when they're done combining a bunch...its not like you're giving away much saying I shot a 2.5 year old raghorn in unit XYZ, which will be an area larger than 1/3 of the States in the US.

Continue to complain about no management, crap data, etc.

What a turd...

Iam just saying some will not be honest about there harvest data. Dont know why thats so hard to believe

Iam just saying some will not be honest about there harvest data. Dont know why thats so hard to believe
Does ZERO good to hire the best wildlife managers money can buy if you're going to sabotage the base-line data because you're so insecure with your hunting abilities that you find the need to lie about broad and generic data.

Data that will provide the solid foundation for science based management.

Don't get it....

Too easy to prove. Ask a hunter u are not friends with. And they are going to tell no tellum creek. And u think most people trust fwp. Lol

Hunter harvest calls typically are what districts did you hunt, how many days, and did you get one, and did you see any wolves.

In 1996 I got a call and the lady asked how my elk season was. I told her I hunted one day and got a bull in district 311. She asked how many points per side. I said 6. She asked where I got it specifically. I said North end of Spanish Peaks in Cherry Creek. She asked which side of the creek. I said huh? She said yea, where at on Cherry Creek. I said, near Cherry Lake. She asked where at near Cherry Lake east, west, north, south of the lake and how far. I said it was right in the middle of the lake. She stopped asking questions then.

Too easy to prove. Ask a hunter u are not friends with. And they are going to tell no tellum creek. And u think most people trust fwp. Lol
They don't ask for GPS coordinates on harvest data or even specific drainages. They ask for hunting unit number and what you shot. I'm not too concerned that someone finds out I killed a mule deer buck in unit 690 or bull elk in area 292. Besides, its never been about the "where" but the "how", when it comes to filling tags.

The data released for every hunting unit is simply x number of days hunted, x number of elk (bulls, cows, calves), yada yada.

Buzz u are wrong. If we had an extra bio in each region dedicated to deer, elk, moose, sheep. It would be huge. Doing counts. Knowlegde of what happens during hunting season. Elk movement.
Just saying i wouldnt rely on the public to be honest about hunting. Fwp allowed the public to destroy it. The public did just that.

Why not manage accordingly to populations and healthy herds.

Draw makes sense meets every requirement on the board. Pressure, harvest, management.

Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want to more effectively manage these things you talk about, harvest data and reporting are essential. I don’t know why that’s such a difficult concept to grasp.

Everybody wants what is best for them but not willing to give up anything
I don’t think you can see how right you are…

Not saying i dont do harvest reports accordingly. But i know how alot, most people are.

Buzz u are wrong. If we had an extra bio in each region dedicated to deer, elk, moose, sheep. It would be huge. Doing counts. Knowlegde of what happens during hunting season. Elk movement.
Just saying i wouldnt rely on the public to be honest about hunting. Fwp allowed the public to destroy it. The public did just that.
Hire 16 bio's for every unit...you're still not getting proper management via crap data...

You're also never going to get either under the current administration...so pound away on what's left of big-game on public for 12 weeks.

Don't care...

Have a nice day!

Knowlegde such as 1/2 or more of the elk move to private. After the first day. These 16 roads need closed. Or open. There prob should be only 5 muley buck tags given out in this unit unstead of 12,000 hunters otc.

Lets be grown ups, just saying holes in your mandotory reporting

JLS was making a point when saying i misled them. But when called out. I do respond to there questions accordingly. Truthfully.

Just saying i know alot of hunters will not respond to there questions truthfully. U know that as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back