Montana FWP makes seismic shift in elk permits

Rmef sucks for public. Ya they do some good but do alot for private.

Idk seems to me everybidy is a fool. Private and public. Everyone does not know how good it could be.

Should be obious that cwd whitey hunts only atracting buck kills. Doe harvest must be way down. Maybe thats why they made it either sex. Idk i just a dumb guy that lives there.

Should be obious that cwd whitey hunts only atracting buck kills. Doe harvest must be way down. Maybe thats why they made it either sex. Idk i just a dumb guy that lives there.
The reason for buck harvest is that they want to lower the age class of bucks. There are a lot of does getting killed as well off of a few ranches. One of them has 175 hunters lined up for January.

Now…back to the elk discussion.

Just seems too me. A reflection of mule deer hunting in mt. I think but could be wrong u talking about kennedys

It wouldn’t be hard to just do the previous season report online before being eligible to buy your license. You could do it very similar to how you give you harvest info for waterfowl to get your HIP# in order to buy your migratory bird license.

Just seems too me. A reflection of mule deer hunting in mt. I think but could be wrong u talking about kennedys
No, one of their neighbors. Kennedy's have killed several hundred deer this year and have a positive rate of around 40-45% last time I checked. There are only 3-4 ranches around Kennedy's that are actually participating in this hunt. The vast majority of ranchers in the area are opposed to it. I don't know what kind of participation there is in any of the other units. I'm speaking specifically for 322 and 320.

I'm not a CWD expert by any means so I can't really answer the question on age class.

Ya for being a huge problem cwd reminds me of covid. Only a prob if $$$$involved. God forbid cattle, moose, elk, mule deer have it

Ya for being a huge problem cwd reminds me of covid. Only a prob if $$$$involved. God forbid cattle, moose, elk, mule deer have it
Cattle can’t get it (at least yet). I’m not sure what money is involved…it’s not like anyone is charging a trespass fee to hunt these deer.

All cervids get CWD. That's the issue with it in WY hitting the feedgrounds - lots of dead elk.

Cows get a different type of encephalopathy. Both Mad Cow & CWD can be transferred to humans, creating a significant health risk.

No one is charging to kill does. But bucks yes. Say it again. Reflection of mule deer. People kill horns. Meat hunters,dont exist. Meat bucks, meat bulls is bullshit. If cwd a huge prob. Kill them all. Start over. But idk. They def infected moose, elk. Muleys by know. Let alone cattle. Who knows maybe cattle started it. Idk if its a huge prob fix it. Maybe its the areas that dont allow public hunting. Diseases

I'm not a CWD expert by any means so I can't really answer the question on age class.
Dunno the details, but when I was turning in some lymph nodes for CWD testing I was told that positives are more predominate in older animals.

I will try to get a video of a bull moose that i seen. Get permission then post. Def something wrong with it.

Age prob around it longer. Like a cancer. Tuff ti live it.
Unlucky, you remind me of my drunk grandpa. Ranting and raving about all the various issues. CWD is a prion disease. Once its in the soil it doesn't matter if you kill them all and start over. It will just re-infect any newcomers. That much the scientists do know. However carry on with your ranting. Also I always accurately report as much info as FWP or any other game agency wants. I highly doubt the info they get from me could or would ever be used by another hunter to hunt my spots. Just my .02

Age prob around it longer. Like a cancer. Tuff ti live it.

I was going to post up some of the discussions relative to CWD that have happened here, but after looking them over, there's too much misinformation by some folks. @Hunting Wife has a strong background in the actual disease and what happens to critters with it. Maybe a new thread focusing on that aspect would be a good idea?

All cervids get CWD. That's the issue with it in WY hitting the feedgrounds - lots of dead elk.

Cows get a different type of encephalopathy. Both Mad Cow & CWD can be transferred to humans, creating a significant health risk.
As it sits right now CWD CAN NOT be transferred to humans. I run lions with the CWD scientist at Rocky Mountain Laboratory. It may be possible down the road though, if the right mutation occurs.

Antelope don't get it either.

Can we get back to the change in Montana elk permits? Start other threads on CWD, mandatory reporting, or whatever else some might find compelling.

Right now, we are facing huge changes in Montana elk management that need our attention. Keep focused on that for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back