Montana FWP commission

cowboy

1.) I don't think it's ever a bad thing to re-examine how you do business, especially in light of the legislative session.

2.) Buzz is correct. Hunters and anglers need to take a lot of time to educate their legislators as to the desires and wishes of our ranks, rather than wait until January in odd numbered years to unleash havoc.

The commission, being a kinder gentler bunch, that mingles, their mind set to the general public would be nice. The commissions decision regarding the Missouri Breaks regions are proving to have been the right ones. The way they went about it wasn't. They should have done a lot more PR work to educate the masses of the what, and why, of their decisions

The way they went about it wasn't. They should have done a lot more PR work to educate the masses of the what, and why, of their decisions

After attending our local Headwaters meeting that the local bio was at, I was impressed that she actually was asking for opinions on issues. I realize she isn't the commission but she seemed sincere in asking and in fact when no one said anything Vito almost begged for us for input because she was asking. I'm thinking the commission hasn't been handling a lot of issues this way. Not that they should be completely swayed by public comment but I don't think most of them realize what's actually happening in a lot of the districts and are making some decisions for who knows what reasons. Kind of like the issue SS had with his previous bio not being a hunter. If they will research and take some of the public/hunter comment into account I think that they would of done things a bit different in the districts other than the Breaks.
I agree it sounds like this is helping the Breaks units.

There was about 20 years of fact finding sessions and meeting concerning the permits in the Missouri Breaks, they were completly justified in those actions , the Other 23 districts are a different matter, that is where they should have listened more and developed a working realtionship with those hunters, instead they give out a blanket approach to a huge area that had small area's of actual problems and concern...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back