Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana elk b drawing

004-00 Elk B tag drawn. Hello Rocky Mtn Front state parcels & private land.

My luck on drawing the Marias lottery continues to suck.

Elk B in the Elkhorns for me.

Took me five years and five bonus points to draw the dang thing.

380 is across the interstate from my house so it'll be fun hunt close to home after work and shoot a cow with the bow.

Finally... Finally I see a "successful" in my draw results. 410 Elk B for me. Brother drew a 410 either sex tag. So I guess I know where I will be spending the most time this season.

I intended to apply for 380-00 I drew a 398-00:confused: Oh well I guess I was bound to screw up an app eventually. Much better to have a cow tag that I may not use instead of say a EWE permit or something like that. I may even venture down to the Madison for a weekend near the end of rifle season if bow season goes well and I am out of tags.

380-00 for me.. I'll probably wipe out my paid time off in the crazies during archery, then switch it up and go after a cow as soon as rifle hits.

So I drew a special buck tag for 212 which is on the east side of the Hall area going down towards P-burg. I also drew a doe mule deer tag and a cow B tag for 210 which is across the highway on the other side. Sound super but I have to have a rotator cuff repaired in my right shoulder on Thursday. Doctor doesn't really think I should hunt this fall because of the chance of falling and tearing what he just repaired. I would say sure I'll be very careful and will be fine, but after last year I probably should not say that. I fell getting down to my elk after I shot her last year and was about 30 feet away from her when I slipped on a branch under the snow and went down hard with a pack on my back and rifle on my shoulder. There was a 6" diameter stump under the snow that I landed on right on the lower ribs on my left side. Broke one rib and cracked a couple more.

You know I just have to go.

No elk B tag but I did get a whitetail B tag. Always nice to have that in pocket when holding out for big boy in the snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back