Montana elk application

warmer

I received very good information on the WY elk stuff and I thank everyone again! Now I beg for information on Montana archery elk stuff, app dates, seasons, OTC, draw and the list goes on. I know the websites offer all the info, but I am not familliar with all the terms and definitions. I just need the plain english version.

NR must apply for Gen elk license first. Or general combo for deer and elk. My understanding is that if you get drawn for that you can put in for limited entry areas. Someone else would probably have alot more info than me though. Good luck

Deadline is mid-March for your combo tag. You can then apply for limited tags. There a few spots that have an extra cow tag that is OTC for us residents, but I'm not sure about nonresidents. The general tag allows you to archery and rifle hunt general units. Archery runs from beginning of September through the middle of October. Rifle starts end of October and runs through the weekend following Thanksgiving. Not sure what the draw success will be this year as they got rid of outfitter tags and threw them into the pot with the combo tags.

Back