Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana E TAG validation issues

teamhoyt

I didnt see anything posted on here about this yet..

FWP has a problem with the E Tag app on Samsung devices. I filled a couple turkey tags and it worked fine, filled a black bear tag and it wont let me validate it.

Of course you wont know this until you need to validate. Warden suggests getting a duplicate paper tag and using it.

Of course fwp is aware and working on a solution but they currently dont have one.

Its is a pita when you find yourself in this situation with no service to call anyone. Fortunately the wardens are aware and understanding and can walk you through the way they are handling it.

This is news but I've had the app crash just about every time I restart my phone Samsung S21. The only way to get it to work is to uninstall and reinstall.

By chance do you know if they're printing them off for free or is it $5?

I had a similar issue and I was told by FWP once you select eTag or paper you cannot switch. They pushed this app out too quickly.

This is news but I've had the app crash just about every time I restart my phone Samsung S21. The only way to get it to work is to uninstall and reinstall.

By chance do you know if they're printing them off for free or is it $5?
I believe if you go get a replacement tag from a licensing vendor you will have to pay for the replacement. Its worth it.

I had a similar issue and I was told by FWP once you select eTag or paper you cannot switch. They pushed this app out too quickly.
Yes you cannot switch per say, but you can get a duplicate which of course is on paper. Has to be this way so if unforeseen issue, lost, briken phone ect can still have a tag because you cant download it on a new device. From my understanding

I supposedly downloaded my tag, but can't see it anywhere on my phone, if I try and validate the app goes nowhere. I'm just going to go to a vendor and re-print when I get to MT next week.

I supposedly downloaded my tag, but can't see it anywhere on my phone, if I try and validate the app goes nowhere. I'm just going to go to a vendor and re-print when I get to MT next week.
It stays in the app. Nothing visible just says you have the bear tag. don't validate...that's bad. once you do that it means you just notched your tag and they won't (can't) reprint.

My suspicions paid off apparantly.
Too bad, but no surprise.
In the meantime every year harder to keep track of my "indestructible" paper permits.

Reactions: DFS
Yeah, but I literally can't see it anywhere or do anything in the app, it's a total POS.
I wonder if it is the same vendor used by Kansas? Serious grumbling about the switchover to a new app on a hunt/fish FB group here.

I’m really glad I selected to have them mail me paper tags when I applied for deer/elk and did the same yesterday for speed goats . What a hassle .

Reactions: DFS
Well, to be fair, they were grasping at straws for some positive PR.

Color me shocked that it's been a flop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back