Montana draw

That means you can only put that unit as a first choice. I.e. don’t list it as your second choice.

Maybe I spend too much time reading legal contracts where wording actually matters, but it’a amazing to me that people struggle to comprehend what that says.
The people who got booted out of the draw did put the "first choice only" unit first. They got booted out for putting in second choice units also, and there are units that can be second choice.

I guess Hanks friends aren't smart enough to understand what's written on the 7th line.

Allowing his friends to receive this tag fudges those of us who didn't put in for limited entry tags, and fudges those that didn't add it to their following lines because they had more than the 2 firing brain cells it took to fill out the application.
Screenshot 2022-04-15 19.02.24.png

That means you can only put that unit as a first choice. I.e. don’t list it as your second choice.

Maybe I spend too much time reading legal contracts where wording actually matters, but it’a amazing to me that people struggle to comprehend what that says.
This would be a reasonable explanation.^^

Only first choice applicants will be awarded a permit, up to the total amount of X.

Hi there, shoots-straight- I’m the other guy in the world that still has AOL email. I thought I’d introduce myself😃

So what exactly is making a unit first and only choice trying to accomplish? Another question - why is there even such a thing as a second choice? I guess that allowing for a second choice is to ensure they hit their quota, but first and only is a way to not hit a quota? Why the differences for different units?

So what exactly is making a unit first and only choice trying to accomplish? Another question - why is there even such a thing as a second choice? I guess that allowing for a second choice is to ensure they hit their quota, but first and only is a way to not hit a quota? Why the differences for different units?
Because it’s simpler. Haven’t you watched the commercials? lol

It means if you want to hunt there you have to apply there and only there. It helps those that really want it get it, and weeds out those that only kinda want it or maybe those that would otherwise take it as a backup if possible. The FWP software shouldn’t have allowed people to even pick a 2nd choice. But the idea of re-issuing, or increasing quota to allow another draw is completely “sorry in advance” — #*^#@% in the head.

The people who got booted out of the draw did put the "first choice only" unit first. They got booted out for putting in second choice units also, and there are units that can be second choice.
Ya no shit. That’s what I’m saying. Read the last 10 pages to catch up…

Make things simple. You get one choice and that’s it. No more 3 choice bullshit
Yep. People aren't smart enough to have it any other way. I saw somewhere Montana FWP fielded 40K calls about regulations last year. Bet it's doubled. Mind boggling stupidity on FWP, and to a certain extent the applicant. mtmuley

For the archery elk permits that are undersubscribed even after the future allocation described in the MT FWP e-mail/announcement for those who had their permit applications voided like 411-21, 447-21, and 595-21, what will happen to the remaining unallocated permit quotas? If these are truly “first choice only” archery elk permits, will the remaining unallocated quota just go unfilled; or will there be some form of leftover drawing or allocation?

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back