Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana Bull down

FishN4Eyes

Hunted with my Dad in central Montana opening weekend.

Saw a few smallish fives and a broken up six on Saturday morning. Tough for me to pass on brow-tine bulls when I have two daughters chomping at the bit to go hunting and punch their tags so this was one weekend when I was hunting for myself as both daughters were not feeling well and couldn't go. I figured I better try to get it done when I had the chance.

Glad I did as I ran into this guy right before dark on Saturday night.

Many thanks to my Dad for helping out on the retrieval. Pretty rewarding to have him right there with me on one of my best bulls to date.

Another Hunttalker shot a nice bull on Saturday morning but I'll let him share his story and pics if he chooses.

Picture154-1.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Good luck to all the other elk hunters, can't wait to get out with the girls this weekend.

Hopefully have a picture or two of them with an elk.

VERY nice bull. I would love to get something like that on the ground!

Great to be able to share something like that with your dad too!

Nice bull! Now go get them girls their bulls! I had the same predicament this weekend, was planning to take my two daughters out and both ended up sick... aarrgh!

Nice bull! Now go get them girls their bulls! I had the same predicament this weekend, was planning to take my two daughters out and both ended up sick... aarrgh!

I hear ya!

I was bummed as they both would have had really good opportunities to take decent bulls.

Happy for me but I would have been even happier if one of them or both of them had shot one.

Lots of season left so hopefully they get healed up this week and we can head out this weekend.

Congrats! Are you mounting this one?

Man, I thought long and hard about it and decided not to.

He was VERY close to what I would consider shoulder mount material but ultimately I slit him all the way up.

My Dad wanted me to mount it, of course he doesn't have to pay for it!

Going to do a full skull mount instead, I like the way those look anyway.

Tell Crystal, "Nice work!"

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back