Montana big four draw coming up soon !

Got my first unsuccessful draw for goats and my first bonus point today. Yep I’m a newbie to the draw game and it’s gonna be a long road before I ever draw but guess what that leaves years to hunt the Unlimited sheep units. Congrats to all who drew this year.

One lucky Hunt Talker has a 680-20 sheep tag. Nope, it's not me, but I'm very happy for him.

I know three guys who got sheep tags in MT. Applied 28 years and counting, but I know some, like JCS, who have over 40 years invested, so I'm not inclined to complain.

Congrats to all who drew.

Any chance the cameras will follow along for that 680-20 hunt?

I can't believe it's been 1 year, any hunt talker with a 680 20 sheep tag feel free to pm me I'd be glad to help you out. This hunt is what you make of It really enjoyed all my time there Aug to Nov just because I after appling for sheep for 35 years wanted the full experience witch I got in spades you will recieve offers for a eazy sheep DONT DO IT every day in the breaks were amazing. The reason I hadn't posted pics of my sheep is to many that's all they are concerned with ITS ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE. I one day while sharing my story with a friend had a guy come up to me and show me his buddys monster sheep I had to inform him the picture he had was of me! red faced he walked away. Most mature rams are impressive I was fortunate enough to hold out for a ram that just missed 190".Good luck to all that drew and to all the friends I made on the river I miss you all and will forever the time spent there.

I value the friendship too much to impose on a once-in-many-lifetimes opportunity that tag represents. I'll help in any way my calendar allows.
Congrats to the friend. I was working down there today. Hope to return with a tag in my pocket one year. On another note, ferry is still grounded.:poop:

Sorry first time writing on hunt talk and I bragging but I drew a 385-20 Either sex Bison tag.
Hope you fare better than last year’s hunters. Success rate was 0%. Good luck - it can be really great when they come out.

680-31 ewe, have to get my feet wet before the long long wait ahead. If anyone has first hand knowledge on the unit I’d really like to talk as I haven’t stepped in the unit. I plan on making my first camping trip up there in the next couple weeks.

My Dad drew a Spanish Peaks goat tag, so I will be able to repay him for helping me on my goat hunt in 2013!! Would any locals care to share how the snow pack is this year. I spent some time in that country when I lived in Bozeman, but im thinking we should be good to start some scouting trips early July?

Welp my good fortune continues... pulled a 316-20 tag for Goat and looking forward to pushing deep into the Unlimiteds amidst much hardier folk than myself.
Ahhh so that's where my tag went....... haha congrats and good for you PM me if you got any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back