MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana antelope draw results

Tags were cut in the HD I drew from 700 total to 200 total. Counts must have been pretty abysmal, but at least we'll be dealing with a lot fewer people out there.

Why does it show there was only one application with zero preference points for region 7?

Why does it show there was only one application with zero preference points for region 7?
They started adding a point for applying. I had one preference point and I drew last year. Why there was one with zero I have no clue.

They started adding a point for applying. I had one preference point and I drew last year. Why there was one with zero I have no clue.
Thanks Doug, I wasn’t aware of that rule. Everyone I talked to applied. For region 7 permit drew a tag. I thought I heard they were going cut tags??

I didn't draw for a buck this year but drew a premium antelope B permit close to home. Odds were like 1:10 so it better be the ultimate hardcore gritty solo DIY extreme backcountry bowhunting epic adventure of a lifetime. That, or maybe I’ll just shoot one while sighting in my rifle.

Thanks Doug, I wasn’t aware of that rule. Everyone I talked to applied. For region 7 permit drew a tag. I thought I heard they were going cut tags??
Seems a little steep for what I have been seeing. I’m not surprised though. That’s why we have trained professionals to set the quotas and not me.

Ugh what?!? So everyone gets at least one point? Talk about a quick way to devalue then even just a little bit

I just got a email from fwp saying I can purchase a b tag since I drew

Ugh what?!? So everyone gets at least one point? Talk about a quick way to devalue then even just a little bit
I don't believe this to be true. If I did the math correct there was 750 nonresident either sex. 689 went to people with 1 pt or more leaving 61 tags for 0 points.

I’ve only been working part time in SE MT and NE WY and in spots where I use to 50-100 pronghorn in a day, I’m seeing 5-10 now. I did see more than usual in the eastern side of Region 5 and parts of 6. We are not going to attempt to fill my boys tag, it’s not worth the 35 lbs of meat.

I’ve only been working part time in SE MT and NE WY and in spots where I use to 50-100 pronghorn in a day, I’m seeing 5-10 now. I did see more than usual in the eastern side of Region 5 and parts of 6. We are not going to attempt to fill my boys tag, it’s not worth the 35 lbs of meat.
Might be worth spending time hunting with your boy though, right?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back