Caribou Gear

Montana antelope draw results

BradA

When do they post the results? I normally buy points but this year I decided to throw my name in the hat. Good luck everyone.

Mid August. They wait until after their field counts and adjust quotas accordingly. Makes time a little tight for planning, but is better for the resource.

Anyone in antelope country see much winter kill this year? Things looked good recently in the unit where I apply.

Mid August. They wait until after their field counts and adjust quotas accordingly. Makes time a little tight for planning, but is better for the resource.

Anyone in antelope country see much winter kill this year? Things looked good recently in the unit where I apply.
Dang that means I will find out late august since I will be in remote Alaska with no service, and I will have plans to hunt with a buddy on opener. Going to make it very tight to get plans organized oh well I will figure it out.

Dang that means I will find out late august since I will be in remote Alaska with no service, and I will have plans to hunt with a buddy on opener. Going to make it very tight to get plans organized oh well I will figure it out.
I believe you can have someone else look up your results with just a full name, DOB and ALS number. They could ping you on a Garmin or something so you at least know what’s coming up if you draw.

Hopefully they are conservative with tags numbers. Antelope never recovered after the bad winters in 2012 in my part of the state. Tag numbers never really reflected what was seen on the ground. Things aren’t good on public. Maybe worse than mule deer.

Last edited:
I just checked the status on my tag , and the website said the draw is in process, and the screen had changed from last week when it said pending , maybe we’ll all know by the end of the week 🤞

I just checked the status on my tag , and the website said the draw is in process, and the screen had changed from last week when it said pending , maybe we’ll all know by the end of the week 🤞
Weird. That's incredibly early. Curious, did you apply for anything else? Swan, sandhill crane, etc? Wonder if they're doing them all, or maybe just the birdy stuff and antelope later? Anyway, hope you get to go antelope hunting this year. It's tons of fun.

I put in for an elk and an antelope tag and last week it said unsuccessful on the elk but I knew I was unsuccessful for elk for what a couple months now and then it said pending on the antelope tag and I just logged in today and the whole thing completely changed and didn’t show anything about my elk but said draw is Underway
IMG_4095.jpeg

I put in for an elk and an antelope tag and last week it said unsuccessful on the elk and then it said pending on the antelope tag and I just logged in today and the whole thing completely changed and didn’t show anything about my elk but said draw is Underway
View attachment 285294
That's just how it looks when they run the draw. I can't even see that I have a fishing license or that I haven't drawn anything else this year until they run everything.

Weird. That's incredibly early. Curious, did you apply for anything else? Swan, sandhill crane, etc? Wonder if they're doing them all, or maybe just the birdy stuff and antelope later? Anyway, hope you get to go antelope hunting this year. It's tons of fun.
Mine does too I just checked.

1690217868049.png

Never did understand why they draw ‘loper tags so late. Guess they are doing a count. But, makes it difficult for sports to plan.

Never did understand why they draw ‘loper tags so late. Guess they are doing a count. But, makes it difficult for sports to plan.
That’s exactly what it is they do a count before drawing tags for some reason fwp tries to manage them it’s quite odd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back