Montana Alternate list

If you guys are going rifle it wouldn't surprise me if they get to his number by then.
Yup especially with covid making a strong comeback . Last year everyone under 1,000 or so was called . Some not until mid November . Friend of mine was like 1500 on deer combo list and was called like November 15 .

My dad is somewhere in the mid-300's on the deer combo. Any thoughts on whether he'll get a call before the October rifle opener?

My dad is somewhere in the mid-300's on the deer combo. Any thoughts on whether he'll get a call before the October rifle opener?
When I spoke to the guy who is part of this process at FWP, he said the range is usually 300-700 deer tags getting turned in, but with the surge in COVID outdoors people, who knows....

Looking at last years thread, it'll be close.

Thanks @Dakota79 I went ahead and picked up a deer B tag we have some family coming from Minnesota that have buck tags so it will be fun no matter what !!

Just picked up a mule deer B tag on the surplus list for our September archery trip. Might use it, might not. Most likely will be an $80 donation to accompany the $600+ deer tag

Last edited:
They’ll get to it guys ....., there’ll be lots of tags returned due to several circumstances, covid/drought/fires etc.... Montana is burning up . Just pray there’s some deer and elk left after there’s nothing left for them to eat and nowhere to hide

I heard with the new governor they are just giving them to the landowners and people that hunt private. Tough luck.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back