Montana Alternate list

cahunter805

Anybody draw a low number? Incredible there was almost 4,000 people signed up this year.

I was probably one of the last people to get an email with only a week left in the season last year. That was at 760, so you have a chance if you are there or below.

My wife is 393. We're hunting in September so unfortunately that's probably not low enough

Oooooof. 2,507 here... Oh well, I've got enough going on this fall already.

Wonder how the person feels that is #1 on the list? Yea it's great you'll get a tag but of all the apps where a guy prays to be the first name out of the hat and then it finally happens and it's for a general tag....

Anybody care to give me a quick rundown of how this works? Are you eligible to get a license or an additional license in Montana? I'm going to go read some for myself as well. Just curious.

Anybody care to give me a quick rundown of how this works? Are you eligible to get a license or an additional license in Montana? I'm going to go read some for myself as well. Just curious.
Say you don't get drawn for the general non-resident; in June FWP offered a chance to sign up for an alternates list lottery. Those licenses that get turned back between now and end of the season get offered to the alternate list. The lower the number you get issued the more likely you are to have a chance at buying a returned license. This isn't for extra licenses.

I applied for the elk combo and my number is 1020 out of 1518 I guess it’s a good thing I have 2 pp going into next year for the combo and will purchase one before I apply.

Say you don't get drawn for the general non-resident; in June FWP offered a chance to sign up for an alternates list lottery. Those licenses that get turned back between now and end of the season get offered to the alternate list. The lower the number you get issued the more likely you are to have a chance at buying a returned license. This isn't for extra licenses.
So it's just for people that did not draw a license? If a nonresident drew an Elk B license could they get another one this way? Interesting concept.

So it's just for people that did not draw a license? If a nonresident drew an Elk B license could they get another one this way? Interesting concept.
This is for those that wanted one of the combos (Deer Combo, Elk Combo, Big Game Combo)...yes if you drew a B (cow tag) you could have applied as an alternate for a combo tagAnnotation 2021-07-16 104135.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back