Montana Alternate list

I just looked up NR OTC doe tags, that I swear were available in years past, and apparently that did change.. no otc tags are available for NR here now.
Well there’s still otc NR doe tags I promise you that . I’m going to go online August 9th and buy a otc b (doe) tag .

A white tail tag I should clarify , and I’m going to pickup a surplus b mule tag in r7 through the surplus draw

good luck. I don’t discredit you, send a pic when you get one OTC. And let us know how much it was…

That article was referencing the fact that there’s no more surplus combination tags like years ago - now you have to apply to get one but there’s still many many b tags in Montana that are otc for NR ! Fact

I don’t give 2 craps about some internet article ..... there’s otc b tags available in Montana you don’t know what your talking about ...
Maybe so. I’m about to run down to the otCOUNTER myself and ask for you.. lol cuz I live here I can do that. I understand the possibility of not getting one might upset you, I didn’t write the book bud I just turn the pages…..

Oh my god ........ don’t waste your breath asking - it wouldn’t upset me .... what does upset me is people that think they know but they really don’t . Trust me , I know Montana rules and regs and how the tag sales work . August 9th otc tags go on sale for both residents and NR. It might upset you when your wrong , but go ahead and waste your time and your breath

I’m on the phone with them now they agree that’s interesting and haven’t heard that NR cannot get otc deer tags. So far they agree with you. I’m not mad at all partner trying to be helpful

They confirmed I’m correct that they are unsure why they didn’t receive information letting them know they wouldn’t be able to issue NR deer tags. She said she is dumbfounded because NR tags are major driver… I hope I’m wrong, and that you get you a nice alfalfa fed whitey doe this year. But if you DONT. Don’t get mad at me 😜

Rocky Mountain Supply Belgrade, MT

You can call whoever you want and type any bs you want . Me , and thousands of other NR will be online aug 9 and buy otc deer tags and leftover/surplus cow tags so tah tah have a good day .

Okie dokie buddy. Try not to pop that big head of yours. If I had a resident do that for me just to be sure id say, thank you.. people that don’t know you from Adam are trying to do something for you?? Please don’t move here, there are enough people like you here already. Don’t worry little buddy, the boogeyman isn’t real. I know it’s scary..!

Okie dokie buddy. Try not to pop that big head of yours. If I had a resident do that for me just to be sure id say, thank you.. people that don’t know you from Adam are trying to do something for you?? Please don’t move here, there are enough people like you here already. Don’t worry little buddy, the boogeyman isn’t real. I know it’s scary..!
Believe me I’m fine - have a good day little man ! Enjoy your IPA

Trust me I was tripped the hell out too. Like I scoured the internet. I agree with you I have the Regs chillin by me also. When I seen the pic I posted my own jaw dropped on y’all’s accord. I was literally trying to help. Might be crappy outcome (if it’s true) so I’m sorry to be bearer of bad news. I hope I’m wrong though and you guys carry on as planned and find nothing but success and happiness. People get edgey over being wrong. I don’t; I hope I am. I get 7 deer tags wtf does it matter to me?

Trust me I was tripped the hell out too. Like I scoured the internet. I agree with you I have the Regs chillin by me also. When I seen the pic I posted my own jaw dropped on y’all’s accord. I was literally trying to help. Might be crappy outcome (if it’s true) so I’m sorry to be bearer of bad news. I hope I’m wrong though and you guys carry on as planned and find nothing but success and happiness. People get edgey over being wrong. I don’t; I hope I am. I get 7 deer tags wtf does it matter to me?
I bought an OTC whitetail doe tag last year in the day before the rifle opener when I pulled into town. I'm planning to do the same thing this year based on the regs available.

1626893036946.png

1626893157626.png

I bought an OTC whitetail doe tag last year in the day before the rifle opener when I pulled into town. I'm planning to do the same thing this year based on the regs available.

View attachment 189032

View attachment 189033
You will be fine. Food must have had too many pops with his Cheetos and doesn’t get that article was only talking about NR combination tags , which were actually never OTC , there just happened to be some sold first come first come first served cuz they were leftovers for a few years . Doesn’t have a sniff what he’s even talking about . Food , go eat some ice cream

I’m a bit confused here on the OTC vs draw B tags. Below is excerpt from the 2021 regs for unit 314. If I’m reading this correctly, there’s a deer B draw (hunt 314-01) that closed for apps on June 1. It’s capped at 100 tags. I successfully drew that hunt, my son was unsuccessful. However, there’s an OTC tag that provides a Deer B tag for all of Region 3 that goes on sale Aug 9 and is unlimited quantity. The draw tag is $5 more than the OTC tag. So what’s confusing to me is why would anyone do the draw tag for a specific unit when they can just buy an OTC tag that covers the entire region? Is it simply to let you get 2 B tags since you can only have one OTC?

Yeah, I realize that I did the “why would anyone do that” thing. But I wasn’t aware of the OTC option.

5F28E75D-B989-4E3C-8F5F-5BBA2465F968.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back