Montana Alternate list

Anyone have any idea how long someone has to reply so they can move to the next?

Also, with language like "your current position of x remaining" I can't imagine they update that as they go through.

Anyone have any idea how long someone has to reply so they can move to the next?

Also, with language like "your current position of x remaining" I can't imagine they update that as they go through.
In the past I believe you get 7 days and they update your number once a week

Edit: looks like this when your number comes up
Screenshot_20210718-083838_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:
I know they got to 7xx last year on the list but last year weren’t there were a lot more turned in due to Covid? I’m seeing old posts about getting to 250-300 in years prior?

This is the first year I’ve thrown my name in the alt list hat, also the 1st time in 7 years that I’ve needed to. I pulled #176 for a deer combo so hoping my chances are good, but I’m not packing a bag yet either.

The list of b tags is out , u have to to sign up for a surplus b tag by July 21. As for alternate list I know every year is different and last year the # of tags returned was no doubt high because of covid and probably won’t be as man this year . A friend of mine was on the list last year and I help him with getting tags and what not so I would call the phone number every few weeks to check his position , he was about 500 on deer combo list and got a tag November 1 . At that time the elk combo list was up to about 1,000 and the big game combo about 800 .

The list of b tags is out , u have to to sign up for a surplus b tag by July 21. As for alternate list I know every year is different and last year the # of tags returned was no doubt high because of covid and probably won’t be as man this year . A friend of mine was on the list last year and I help him with getting tags and what not so I would call the phone number every few weeks to check his position , he was about 500 on deer combo list and got a tag November 1 . At that time the elk combo list was up to about 1,000 and the big game combo about 800 .
If you already hold a B tag from the regular draw, can you get a second tag from the surplus draw?

I'm #379 on the deer combo list. I figure I have a puncher's chance at a tag.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back