Montana ain't so bad. Lot'sa pic's.

Big Sky

Had a pretty good year this year. It has been most enjoyable wrapping my hands around lot's of bone coming out of deer heads this year. The best part though has been being able to share the success with so many good friends and family. It has been an exceptional year.

First I filled my tag with this very unique buck. It was great having my 10 year old son along to be there for all the excitement.
WTTroyCaydenB_original.jpg

Then the very next morning my oldest son (age 15) and my oldest daughter (age 8) jumped in my pick up and headed out. It was raining like crazy but we forged ahead anyway. Ya' can't kill'em sitting on the couch in the living room ya' know. We got soaked to the bone and about froze to death, but it worth it. It doesn't get much better than seeing your son succeed with a very nice buck. Another major bonus was having my daughter along. She was actually upset that the hunt was so short.
MuleDeerAaronDanielle_original.jpg

A week later I had a good friend from North Carolina come out on his first mule deer hunt. He'd never seen a mule deer before let alone hunted one. He another friend of mine from Mich drove out together. Only the pard from NC had a deer tag though. They picked me up from work and minutes later we were in deer country. This was one of the most amazingly lucky hunts I've ever been a part of. Here this guy drives 2000 miles and I don't have him in deer country more than 10 minutes and he's punching his tag on a great buck. He made a very good 325 yard shot by the way. In my opinion this buck couldn't have gone to a nicer or more deserving hunter. He very much appreciates this buck.
MuleDeerLarkeA_original.jpg

Last but not least one of my closest hunting partners calls me up and asks me to come out and cape his buck out. He killed this buck just a couple days before the buck above was killed. Needless to say there were some pretty darn decent bucks killed in short 10 day period around here. The crazy part is the weather really wasn't very good for deer hunting, but some how we managed. :grin:
MuleDeerKory_original.jpg

Thats some Nice Bone you have had your Hands on BigSky. Nice pics and thanx for posting them Stud Muffin !!!! :D

So is yur pard from NC hooked on muleys now or you think he still likes the whiteys?
Never even seen a muley? The dude obviously never travels.
Great pics thanks for sharing.

fowladdict, it was his first time west of the Mississippi. He absolutely refuses to get on a plane. Hence, the lack of serious travel. Me personally, I couldn't live like that, but it works for some folks. He's still plenty hooked on whitetails. He should be, he's set up pretty good back in the south. However, I think he's pretty tickled with his mule deer as well.

Those are awesome bucks. Thanks for letting me see them. Must be a good year for bucks as I have seen some nice bucks on line this year.
Congrats on them very nice bucks.

Nice bucks! A buddy sent me pics of their bucks from around Glendive. Looks like they took some nice bucks also. Big congrats to the kids those smiles are huge.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back