Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana 900-20 non resident archery tag

Bowmannate2000

Results were scheduled to be posted June 15. I checked today and was pleased to see results were posted early and I was drawn! My dad and I applied separately so I let him know to check. We were disappointed to see that he was unsuccessful. I was kind of surprised as looking at previous years results it looked like all who applied for the archery tag got one. Does this mean there will be no leftover tags, or did he maybe make an error in his application? Was anyone else on here unsuccessful? I've only hunted antelope one other time almost 10 years ago, also archery in Montana. Back then we just bought our tags when we went out for our hunt, so this applications stuff is new to me.

Since you are a NR you are still subject to the 10% cap for NR. It is still possible there might be left overs if the other 90% of the tags were not applied for by residents. If there are left overs they should go on sale in early August, first come, first served to residents and N.R. alike.

Since you are a NR you are still subject to the 10% cap for NR. It is still possible there might be left overs if the other 90% of the tags were not applied for by residents. If there are left overs they should go on sale in early August, first come, first served to residents and N.R. alike.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like last year there were 560 allocated to non residents, but 876 were successful in drawing because only 3670 residents applied. Everyone who applied drew a tag and there were over 1000 surplus licenses. If that is how they do the draw every year, then either there are no surplus tags this year, or my dad messed up on his application (which is entirely possible 😂).

Wow, must be a lot more applying this year. Last time I went we were able to buy bonus tags OTC. That was almost a decade ago though. Were there more pronghorn then, or just less hunters?

There were more goats then, prior to the winter of 2011-12 (or was it 2010-11?), and the archery-only tag is becoming more popular. I'm also not sure if that tag was available then or not, it is relatively new. But yeah, you used to be able to buy 2 doe tags OTC, something like 10,000 were available if memory serves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back