PEAX Equipment

Montana 632

dtrkyman

I drew 632 and am curious what to expect? I have a friend that lived and guided out there so I will have info from him, just looking for general info, what size bulls can I expect, terrain, pressure? Can I hunt from a vehicle or will I need to spike in?

Thanks

There are some good bulls in 632 small unit really and there is great access and it's quite roaded so no need to back in anywhere really. Most of the bulls I've seen have been nice 6 points biggest was a 360-370 bull about 5 years ago average 300 ish it seems. Very few tags only 10 rifle bulls I think. Assume your bow hunting? The terrain is typical sagebrush country mixed with pine and juniper low elevation nothing bad at all. Watch out for wet weather it will limit your area quickly the gumbo is awful when's wet

Last edited:
Yes on the archery hunt, looks like pretty mild terrain...I plan on truck camping but may bring some spike gear in case of rain limiting me getting around in my jeep.

I would be glad to shoot a 300 bull, I have yet to kill an elk but have passed some smaller bulls the last few years, only decent bull I passed was maybe 250 and only reason I passed was there was a bigger bull on the way, it just didn't work out.

I assume the gumbo is clay, New Mexico has that red clay and it is a nightmare when it rains!

If it rains in the there the only way your going to get anywhere is 1 your already there or 2. You hunt on the gravel portion outside of the pines rec area. You will see elk not a ton of archery permits given out there in comparison to other breaks units but not the numbers of elk other units hold either. Good luck I was always in there rifle hunting deer. Hard to get more than 1-2 miles from any road in there it seems.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back