Montana, 1967 License Fees!

That’s awesome!!! What a cool piece of history! Thanks for sharing!

That's a neat find!

I guarantee my dad was complaining about the price of them back then!

Curiosity got me thinking about what the cost would be in 2020 dollars - all of the ones I checked are cheaper today than they were then - so no one should be complaining NOW as the cost has gone down over 53 years :)

1587492815888.png

(Obviously there are base licenses, stamps, etc, now that didn't exist then, but I think even if you include those, tags are still cheaper)

Those $25 sheep and moose tag fees carried through the '70s and I think into the early '80s. I used to buy one of those $25 unlimited unit sheep tags every year and usually didn't spend much more time than one weekend looking for a ram. Many of the unlimited sheep units opened the 1st of September and ran until the end of November without reaching their harvest quota. I would also buy a grizzly tag every year just hoping to find a bear on my elk gut pile. Most of us didn't know what a good deal that we had, and didn't take much of that hunting seriously enough.

Very Cool and it certainly puts things in perspective … as you stated "today's dollars". One of the things I find interesting is that even in 1967 they charge extra for "bow & arrow". I have never understood the reason for charging for "bow & arrow". Why not just a flat fee for "rifle and bow & arrow"?

Those $25 sheep and moose tag fees carried through the '70s and I think into the early '80s. I used to buy one of those $25 unlimited unit sheep tags every year and usually didn't spend much more time than one weekend looking for a ram. Many of the unlimited sheep units opened the 1st of September and ran until the end of November without reaching their harvest quota. I would also buy a grizzly tag every year just hoping to find a bear on my elk gut pile. Most of us didn't know what a good deal that we had, and didn't take much of that hunting seriously enough.
That's incredible......... I'd about shit if I had a 25 dollar Griz tag in my pocket every year!

Fishing and gamebird in 1952 was $3

IMG_20200105_1418481813.jpg

I really dig the canvas license holders:

IMG_20200105_141803279331.jpg

IMG_20200105_1418143603.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz