Moab et. al Camping Ban (Grand/Emery/Carbon Counties)

F me. Thanks for posting. I was just starting to plan my social distancing trip for the middle of April. Techncially I think most of the trip is in a different county, but I think we have at least one to 2 nights planned for Grand County.

Yeah friend who lives there sent it to me... bizarre how this is not being carried by any news sources or posted on Arches website 🤷‍♂️

Yeah friend who lives there sent it to me... bizarre how this is not being carried by any news sources or posted on Arches website 🤷‍♂️
Not on topic, but do you use a flocculant on muddy river trips and if so anything other than alum?

Not on topic, but do you use a flocculant on muddy river trips and if so anything other than alum?

I have never used a flocculant. Typically we bring a couple five gallon buckets, fill them with river water in the afternoon when we make camp and then pump water in the morning before we set off. It's still a bit silty but other than shorting our pumps life's a bit it hasn't been that big a deal. 🤷‍♂️

pre virus we had a trip planned for first weekend in april down there, shoot...

but yeah, given what i've been seeing on the front range trails going trail running the past few days, i.e. so crowded they're basically transmission risk, this is a smart move. it was about to get real crowded down there if they didn't put a preemptive stop to it

You know it's Spring in Moab when the license plates turn green. Thanks for posting and probably the best call for them. Don't need the Colo-RAD-BRO's inundating the medical facilities right now.

I was there last weekend and just had my reservations for next weekend cancelled after this declaration.

So much for my social distancing plan of hiking the red rock, may have to go somewhere else but a lot of southern Utah is still cold this time of year.

They’re just dreaming shit up now.

Social distancing apparently=stay in the city, in your house, no fresh air...They just closed a bike trail my daughter and I were going to ride tomorrow, I'm sure the odds of catching coronavirus out there in the fresh air and nature, away from people, would be pretty high :mad:

This is ridiculous - no camping within 200 yds of another camp?? Last time I checked, sunshine kills the virus and the CDC recommends 6 ft between people.

Back