Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Missouri whitetail, bow kill

gar man

Killed this buck last night. This is my best whitetail so far with a bow. The only downside he was only 2 1/2 years old. We don't see very many deer with trash on there heads so down he went. I do want to give credit to my wife, I wasn't going to go hunting last night untill she talked me into it. Thanks honey.

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 183
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 177
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 172
  • MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 173
Wow, great buck. One of these days I'd like a whitetail for the wall. How do you know he is only 2.5 years old.

Fowl

Great looking buck, I really like the trash. I know what you mean about the young ones, mine last year was really young looking at his teeth, but he is my best to date, there was no way I was passing.

Heres the story on the hunt. After my wife talked me into going I drove over to a place I've hunted alittle in the past. It's 120 acres of pasture with some wooded draws going through it. I like to hunt the big timber more than the draws. Anyway I get over there and find a tree to climb and up I go. I get all settle in at about 5:15. At 5:45 (with me all streched out in my climber enjoying a great afternoon) I hear footsteps and out he pops out at 30 yards. As he is browsing on the grass and getting closer I get my bow at 23 yards he was broadside and I put my pin right below his heart thinking he would drop at the sound of my bow. When I released the arrow he drop all the way to the ground on his belly, as my arrow went over his back. At this point I'm thinking I just lost one of the best bucks I've seen in a long time. He gets up makes two circles around my arrow and goes back to eating. As he comes into my next shooting lane he is facing straight away from me I grunted at him twice and he took a step to the side opening up just enough rib area to shoot at. He made it about 200 yards before dieing.
Sorry it's not much of a story. I'm not much good at telling storys, but I keep reading all of Moosies post and taking notes so one of these days I might be just as good as he is.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back