Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Minnesota's Proposed "Assault Weapon" Bans (2024)

This isn't even worth worrying about. Tell me, who is going to come take your firearm, local LE, federal LE? Neither.

It isn't that they will go door-to-door and search every home. If you fail to register, you now have the skeleton in your closet forever. You'll be stopped by a game warden, or have some other routine LE interaction and it is discovered that you have an unregistered firearm.

It isn't that they will go door-to-door and search every home. If you fail to register, you now have the skeleton in your closet forever. You'll be stopped by a game warden, or have some other routine LE interaction and it is discovered that you have an unregistered firearm.
Kinda like when a guy inflates collateral value for a loan a decade ago and no one cares - until they do ;)

Here is an interesting read. 78,000 traced firearms to Mexico from 18-22. As we all know that's just the the tip of the iceberg on the true number. How are we suppose to have serious talk/action with Mexico and our drug trafficking issue when we could care less about this happening. IMO AR platform firearms have done more to erode our 2nd amendment than anything in history. I could care less if another was ever built personally. I get tired of seeing them in constant search warrants taken from criminals. Simple fact is if we can't control the problem from within our circle legislative measures will eventually. That you can take to the bank.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...supplied-trafficked-guns-from-us/73700258007/

Here is an interesting read. 78,000 traced firearms to Mexico from 18-22. As we all know that's just the the tip of the iceberg on the true number. How are we suppose to have serious talk/action with Mexico and our drug trafficking issue when we could care less about this happening. IMO AR platform firearms have done more to erode our 2nd amendment than anything in history. I could care less if another was ever built personally. I get tired of seeing them in constant search warrants taken from criminals. Simple fact is if we can't control the problem from within our circle legislative measures will eventually. That you can take to the bank.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...supplied-trafficked-guns-from-us/73700258007/
Interesting - what made you arrive at that conclusion/opinion?

Functionally - there is nothing special about an AR15 - all kinds of removable magazine semi automatic rifles.

Functionally - there is nothing special about an AR15 - all kinds of removable magazine semi automatic rifles.
But they are black, scary and never miss when used by heroes in the movies . . . .

Only half kidding, but if they had originally come out in FDE tan, I would guess they would seem less scary to "Karens".

It isn't difficult to understand that perspective. Right or wrong, the anti 2A side of the debate has chosen the AR platform to villainize. The poster's theory is that they wouldn't have a 'boogey man' to point to, if there were no AR pattern rifles. I think that is a flawed approach, as they will just move on to handguns or something else. It doesn't get at the root cause of the issue.

It isn't difficult to understand that perspective. Right or wrong, the anti 2A side of the debate has chosen the AR platform to villainize. The poster's theory is that they wouldn't have a 'boogey man' to point to, if there were no AR pattern rifles. I think that is a flawed approach, as they will just move on to handguns or something else. It doesn't get at the root cause of the issue.
It was mini 14s and highpoint carbines not all that long ago 🤷‍♂️

What type of database are they going to use to have these guns registered? Have you ever run an etrace on a firearm? It takes forever.

They are coming door to door and taking seat belts?
The point is most people said I will not wear a seat belt and where did that go. People keep voting for people that openly say I am going to take your guns away and they are chipping away at the 2A.

It's quite simple, first you gotta understand we are in the minority here by far. We understand how an AR functions but average Joe has no idea. 90% of the citizens if asked couldn't tell you a damn thing about one except what they see out of the media.
All the other side knows is they kill people and are heavily used by shooters. Each time you see another incident chalk up more supporters behind the movement. It's a matter of time and bodies.

It's quite simple, first you gotta understand we are in the minority here by far. We understand how an AR functions but average Joe has no idea. 90% of the citizens if asked couldn't tell you a damn thing about one except what they see out of the media.
All the other side knows is they kill people and are heavily used by shooters. Each time you see another incident chalk up more supporters behind the movement. It's a matter of time and bodies.
So - would a mini 14 be different? How about a BAR?

Theyre the most common rifle in america - theyre modular, cheap, accurate. If they werent around - another rifle would be.

So - would a mini 14 be different? How about a BAR?

Theyre the most common rifle in america - theyre modular, cheap, accurate. If they werent around - another rifle would be.
Man you're preaching to the choir, I think all of us here know it's not, or at least I'd hope so. Again voters have no idea at the end of the day. Pretty much like every other problem in this country.
I honestly think in most areas at this point if it wound up on the ballot to ban many semi auto rifles it would win hands down. Most people see them as doing more harm than good now. Even many here have expressed so. It would be a hard decision for me honestly.
We still continue to avoid the elephant in the room with mental health, but that's harder to legislate and pick apart. Guns are easy targets for politician's.

Man you're preaching to the choir, I think all of us here know it's not, or at least I'd hope so. Again voters have no idea at the end of the day. Pretty much like every other problem in this country.
I honestly think in most areas at this point if it wound up on the ballot to ban many semi auto rifles it would win hands down. Most people see them as doing more harm than good now. Even many here have expressed so. It would be a hard decision for me honestly.
We still continue to avoid the elephant in the room with mental health, but that's harder to legislate and pick apart. Guns are easy targets for politician's.
They are dismantling mental health care in this state. You know who "they" are.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back