Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

"Oh it is not so bad"

I finally found a quick and easy way to prepare duck. Sure, it's the same "wrap it in bacon" method everyone uses. But I dried it off, salted it, then allowed it to get close to room temp before cooking. Makes the sear work a lot better. And by cooking in iron skillet it's a lot easier than having to fire up the grill. I'll do this 98% of the time now.

OK, I'll jump on this dog pile. We are cleaning up some stuffed meatloaf from last night. 50-50 deer and beef, with the interior layered with a small container of jalapeno cream cheese, topped with a ketchup/brown sugar glaze. A side of Bob Evans mashed potatoes-sour cream and chives-on the side.

And if you blindly follow along regardless your just a sheep.

I disagreed with quite a few things they did but looked at the long term vision of diverse groups coming together as a positive. And I'm a realist. But if we have to develop public for energy it should be smallest footprint possible. Wind farms and especially solar are not even close.

Ever backpacker a windmill? Camped on a solar farm? Neither has anyone else.

Which Is why with hundreds of conservation groups, ONLY 3 signed on and advocated.

I'd react the same if RMEF called for fewer elk, or MDF called for fewer deer.

Perhaps instead of posting clever memes, go read BHA mission statement. Get back to me with the parageaph on developing public land.
Thanks I expressed my displeasure on the issue several times on both the national and local chapter. It wasnt the 1st disagreement I had and it surely won't be the last. I have some divergent opions with every organization I am a part of. Its called being an adult, working through differences and finding commonality towards a goal. I dont take my toys and go home.

However your no more convincing this time then the other 53 times you posted the exact same thing. Even less so considering you figure out a way to work into every thread regardless of the how germane it to the conversation. Its tedious hence the violin music, or clever meme as you stated. It was clever I will give you that.

Last edited:
P.S. Development on public land is a necessary evil that cannot be avoided. It needs to be monitored and as was stated, the smallest footprint possible. NONE of the so-called "green energy" crap does that. It is a scam and a joke. The development on public land has got to continue, until this broken society understands how to control population. More and more people use more and more resources. Get used to it, because there is no avoiding it, without controlling people-which is a sore subject for some unknown reason.
I do not like to see wild lands developed, but it is a fact of life that is going to happen. You can bash Trump forever and that will not change.

OK, I'll jump on this dog pile. We are cleaning up some stuffed meatloaf from last night. 50-50 deer and beef, with the interior layered with a small container of jalapeno cream cheese, topped with a ketchup/brown sugar glaze. A side of Bob Evans mashed potatoes-sour cream and chives-on the side.

I effing LOVE Bob Evan's mashed potatoes.

Elk chili Colorado made in a pressure cooker.. might never burger a muscle again.. cube it from here on out.
I didn't grind any this year. If I killed another doe, it would've been ground for sausage. Otherwise, cutting for stew meat is much more efficient.

I finally found a quick and easy way to prepare duck. Sure, it's the same "wrap it in bacon" method everyone uses. But I dried it off, salted it, then allowed it to get close to room temp before cooking. Makes the sear work a lot better. And by cooking in iron skillet it's a lot easier than having to fire up the grill. I'll do this 98% of the time now.
Do you pluck any of your ducks or breast them out? If you pluck them I can give you a non wrap in bacon recipe that is fantastic.

Recipe is good for 1 or 2 whole ducks plucked, really as many as will fit in the Dutch oven.

Ingredients-
Plucked whole duck
Minced garlic
Canned fruit in fruit juice pineapple or cherry
Two sticks of butter
garlic salt
Black pepper
Olive oil
( I have no idea on measurements for recipe because I never write anything down so just use your best judgement).

*Stuff duck with fruit of your choice

*Pour remaining fruit juice in dutch oven with two sticks of butter

*Rub duck down with olive oil then season with garlic salt and pepper to taste

*Place duck breast down in dutch oven

*Add a few spoonfuls of minced garlic and the butter to the pot

* place in oven with lid on for 6 hours at 225 degrees

*baste duck with juices in pot every 45 min to an hour

*let me know how you like it

You'll know it's done when you take the duck out and shake it. The meat and bones should separate instantly. I usually serve it on a bed of wild rice.

Recipe is good for 1 or 2 whole ducks plucked, really as many as will fit in the Dutch oven.

Ingredients-
Plucked whole duck
Minced garlic
Canned fruit in fruit juice pineapple or cherry
Two sticks of butter
garlic salt
Black pepper
Olive oil
( I have no idea on measurements for recipe because I never write anything down so just use your best judgement).

*Stuff duck with fruit of your choice

*Pour remaining fruit juice in dutch oven with two sticks of butter

*Rub duck down with olive oil then season with garlic salt and pepper to taste

*Place duck breast down in dutch oven

*Add a few spoonfuls of minced garlic and the butter to the pot

* place in oven with lid on for 6 hours at 225 degrees

*baste duck with juices in pot every 45 min to an hour

*let me know how you like it

Do u use small ducks like teal or big mallards?

I use either one usually mallards since that's mostly that I kill. I have quite a few wood ducks this year though so on smaller ducks I would cut the time back a little. When you push on the leg and it it's about to fall off you know its time!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back