MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Minnesota public land

174in

MNswampbuck.jpg
Here is the buck I was able to harvest my first year hunting minn in nov.Public land do it yourself hunt.I am happy with the results

That's a great looking buck. Interesting twists to that left antler.

That's a great buck! Congrats!! Now that you've got the 'money shot' out of the way, let's hear the story.

I was in huston county lots and lost of public land for a midwestern state.I did most of my scouting using google earth then I scouted the area on foot twice a couple weeks before season opend and found good sighn.I basically whent on this hunt because my area in wisconsin was discoverd to have CWD and the dnr has forced earn a buck and unlimeted tags to eradicate the deer heard in sw wisconsin.Deer hunting in my area of wisconsin isnt as good as it use to be.I still did hunt wisconsin and managed to take a decent buck with a bow.Rifel season I only saw 3 deer in 8 days of hunting wich has been the averae in the last few years.
I pland on hunting minn for only 2 days because of my work scedual.Day one I saw 4 does sitting all day wich I didnt think was great but it was good compared to back home.Day two I saw two does at day break and then a single doe came through at 7:45,at 7:50 this buck came in on the does trail grunting.I shot him at 50yds with an 11-87 shotgun using a forester style slug using the two beads on the barrel for a sight.It was noon before I had the buck out of the woods because I was about a mile and a half back in.All in all it was a great hunt but I would not expect to shoot bucks of this size there every year but you never know.A tag cost $140 for non res I will defenatly be going back next fall.

Too bad about your area in WI. Thats a great buck from MN though. Congrats.

Nice deer! MN does have allot of public land.

Great buck! I am a cheesehead too, and I agree WI DNR needs to re-think what they are doing with the "slaughter em all" mentality. They are going to take a hit in hunting licenses sold next year if not this year. Guys I know are fed up with hunting days on end and not seeing deer in their area. I feel for the kids who just start hunting and go 2-3 seasons and never see a deer. I really have no idea what the DNR is trying to prove. If it was not for the fact I had to empty my fridge in my camper I would not have even rifle hunted WI for the 4 hours I did.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back