Minnesota Goose Opener

smalls

2752.jpg

This is the MN goose opener. 50 birds in less than 30 minutes. By far the fastest action and most birds I have ever been in on a hunt with. For the weekend I went hunting 3 times and 79 birds were killed!

This group of guys in the pic includes some of the best callers I have ever heard. Can't wait for late season geese w/ these guys!

smalls- looks like you guys had a great shoot!
The geese here now are starting to pack in on the river a bit (still mainly locals) but we are still a month out in the season...plus its fur hunting time.

?Have you been back out for speed goats lately?

Marv, speed goats will be hunted on Sunday, then again one out of the next two weekends.

Here is another pic that shows the birds a little better.

tmb_2756.jpg

Meathead, they were residents. We have an early season in north dakota and minnesota to shoot local, resident geese.

Moosie, this was a slaughter, I got blood all over my new ghg fullbody dekes. I missed out this weekend with the guys, but they shot 99 geese in 3 days and I hadn't heard anything about Sunday. You should seriously think about coming up in December. It looks like there will be a group of us out near the missouri river and we'll be running 65-75 dozen full body decoys...

Tomorrows the last day of the season and I think I am going to sneak out for a little morning grind. We still have fields with 300+ birds feeding in them that haven't been hunted yet.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back