Mikey's Weekend Adventure

Calif. Hunter

We went to the eastern Sierras, near Bishop, this weekend for a little trout fishing.

100_2855.JPG

The fall colors were coming out on the aspens, and except for some high winds, the weather was great!

Here is my son, Michael, fishing in North Lake.

100_2837.JPG

The little show off caught a huge trout - 2 lbs 5 oz! While I caught one little guy....

100_2859.JPG

100_2860.JPG

He won first place in my club's fishing contest, but they didn't pay him the big prize, only five bucks for the kids' contest! :MAD

Oh well, it was a fun weekend and Michael is very proud of himself - so am I!

It's funny how kids are...he insisted that he had to use the Sierra Gold bait in green that he had used the year before to catch 5 trout. And it had to be shaped like a worm. I told him it wouldn't matter, but I did roll the bait and drape it over his size 18 treble hook with a little tail hanging down just like he wanted.

After he caught that trout, I starting rolling the bait and draping it over my size 18 treble hook.... ;)

CH...my boy always did and always will outfish me. Heck, I ask him for advice now.

I don't know who was more excited, him or me, when he got it into the shallows. He was hollering, "Daddy! Get the net! He's too big for me to pull out of the water!" as I'm hollering, "Wait for me to get the net! Don't pull him in too far until I'm ready!" I was afraid that he would get him into 3 inches of water and the fish would throw the hook or break the 2-lb leader.

Del - he still wants to catch a large-mowf baaasss.

Just a quick guess, but are these planted trout? It looks like the two little guys have a lot of their fins rubbed down.

Nothing against the big one your kid caught, thats a heck of a trout and I'd be proud as can be with him, I've maybe caught one or two that size in my life. Tell him congrats, did you eat it or is it going on the wall?

Nice work on the assist Rick.

Bishop is a nice area. We always drove 395 on our trips down to your neck of the woods.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back