PEAX Equipment

MFWP processing/service fee?

marshman

Just completed my 2022 MTFWP licenses application. I remember the $5.00 application fee, I do not remember the $23.70 processing fee?
Knew about the preference point increase...$807.20. Hmm.

Just completed my 2022 MTFWP licenses application. I remember the $5.00 application fee, I do not remember the $23.70 processing fee?
Knew about the preference point increase...$807.20. Hmm.
Inflation. Everything costs more. Convenience fee has been there for awhile.

Plenty of other states to apply for. If you don’t like it leave it a lot of others in line to take your place.

credit card fee that they slap on everything regardless of residency...something like 3.17%. I thought for sure they'd waive the fee for checks and debit cards but nope. An overwhelming majority of states charge a processing fee to pay for the fees credit card companies and their processing vendors charge so if you don't like it...drive to MT and buy your tag from a vendor with cash

Last edited:
The money is obviously not right for nonresidents to apply to Montana but look at us go. They need to keep increasing it until it doesn’t sell out imo. On to the way of the kings deer.

The money is obviously not right for nonresidents to apply to Montana but look at us go. They need to keep increasing it until it doesn’t sell out imo. On to the way of the kings deer.
An overwhelming majority of states charge a processing fee (regardless of residency) to pay for the fees credit card companies and their processing vendors charge. It's nothing new.

Not really complaining about the cost, If I did not want to pay it I wouldn't.
Just a comment on the 2022 price of a deer tag.
It’s absolutely ridiculous. But fact is people obviously have plenty of $ cuz if it’s not you taking the tag there’s a huge line of others that will .

Everything is silly about traveling to hunt from a financial perspective.
Good point, even for short trips, the gas money alone makes wilderness “grocery shopping” an expensive endeavor

Pretty sure there has always been a fee, however like everything else it surely has gone up

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back