Memorial Day

Erik in AK

All,
I just want to say Happy Memorial Day to you all. I know I'm a bit early but I go home today and will be away from the computer for about a week. My two weeks on / two weeks off schedule with a Thursday crew change has worked to my favor this time.

I know they're will be fishing, hunting, camping and barbeques, and hopefully good weather. As for me, Memorial Day weekend in south central Alaska means King fishing...rain or shine. Got the boat tuned and ready and the rods, reels and tackle were prepped a month ago.

So good luck to all my fellow HT'ers and be safe.

Hopefully I'll have some pics of big chromers to post in a few dayshump

May all your drags be screaming............:D

Thanks Sled Idaho for the link, I will be remembering my Grandad who fought on the beachs of Iwo Jima and packed shrapnel in his back for the next 65 years of his life until he passed last year. Who will you guys be remembering????

Be safe Eric & thanks for the link Sled. I'll be remembering my father (WWII Normandy to Paris) & 5 uncles (Pacific & Korea)...and way too many dear friends who served in Vietnam.

I will remember my Uncle Terry who served in Viet Nam in the Corp, My Grandfather who passed away 5 years ago who served in the Navy during WW2 and got me into airplanes. I will remember the photos of my great grandfather Terrence who served in the Army in WW1, and last but not least I will honor and cherish my Great, Great Grandfather Thomas who stowed away on a ship headed for the U.S. from Ireland and enlisted in the Union Army at 16 years old. My Grandmother (who turns 80 on the 5th, by the way) kept a wall of fame for all of the veterans of our family. I love looking at all of the pictures and the signed honorable discharges. I will also be thinking of my younger cousin that served in the Marine Corp and lastly, I have wonderful, fond memories of being a proud airman in the U.S. Air Force!

God bless all of our veterans and take the time to thank one for their service.

PS.

Honestly, Memorial day is for our Veterans who have passed, so please say a prayer for our vets who have passed whether in action or not!

My grandfather who fought in the Korean War and passed on January 5, 1999.

And me, my Pops who waltzed with the Germans for 2+ years, 2 Purple Hearts, and nearly the full length of Italy! hump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back