Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Memorial Day has a bit more meaning to me this year....

SFC B

The two things I usually do on this weekend every year is remember my fallen comrades (both personal to me and ALL others) and feel connected to home by watching, at the very least, the start of the Indy 500 while allowing myself to be choked up at hearing Back Home Again In Indiana. This morning I woke with those thoughts and started my morning looking at emails and Facebook while waiting for the pre-race to start. I open FB and immediately feel like throwing up. A good Army buddy of mine from my time in Europe has been tagged in a post......and it is talking about his passing. I knew he had been battling cancer but he never really wanted to talk too much about it, turns out it was some really nasty shit called multiple myeloma. Mikey P was many things. He was a patriot, he was a single dad through almost all of his military career to Alex, he was a great supportive friend and a generous mentor to anyone that needed any knowledge he had. He was also a diehard, true Blue, through and through son of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Over the years we continually ribbed each other from our opposite side of the Ohio perspectives. So today, before I listened to MY song on this Memorial Day weekend I listened HIS song and prayed for Alex and thanked God for letting me have him in my life. If you have any Kentucky Bourbon I would ask you take a sip, mention Mikey and prayer for Alex...........

The two things I usually do on this weekend every year is remember my fallen comrades (both personal to me and ALL others) and feel connected to home by watching, at the very least, the start of the Indy 500 while allowing myself to be choked up at hearing Back Home Again In Indiana. This morning I woke with those thoughts and started my morning looking at emails and Facebook while waiting for the pre-race to start. I open FB and immediately feel like throwing up. A good Army buddy of mine from my time in Europe has been tagged in a post......and it is talking about his passing. I knew he had been battling cancer but he never really wanted to talk too much about it, turns out it was some really nasty shit called multiple myeloma. Mikey P was many things. He was a patriot, he was a single dad through almost all of his military career to Alex, he was a great supportive friend and a generous mentor to anyone that needed any knowledge he had. He was also a diehard, true Blue, through and through son of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Over the years we continually ribbed each other from our opposite side of the Ohio perspectives. So today, before I listened to MY song on this Memorial Day weekend I listened HIS song and prayed for Alex and thanked God for letting me have him in my life. If you have any Kentucky Bourbon I would ask you take a sip, mention Mikey and prayer for Alex...........

Casey and I have been thinking of you and John. We will certainly do the same for Mikey and Alex. God Bless you and all the other's that have and continue to sacrifice for our freedom!
Blessings my friend!

Memorial day is always one of the toughest days of the year for me.

Here are some names of friends that I will never forget:

LCpl Handcock
Lt Col Hart
Cpl Terry
Sgt Boutrie

Back