Members of MT Fish and Wildlife Commission?

Lesley Robinson (chair)
Pat Tabor (vice chair)
KC Walsh
Brian Cebull
Pat Byorth
William Lane
Jana Waller

commission-map.jpg

Edit: apologies: I planned to note each person's info/ background... however Les Schwab was a bit too quick... I'll note these next time time permits.

Last edited:
We don’t have anything like that outside of going back and watching their Committee Hearing in the Legislature.

You might be able to find the information you’re looking for by running Campaign Contribution searches for Governor Gianforte’s Gubernatorial campaign.
Thanks.
At least 1 member is required to " be experienced in the breeding and management of domestic livestock."
Which member(s) is from the livestock industry?

Any members from the guiding industry?

Any members former wildlife biologists?

Thanks.
At least 1 member is required to " be experienced in the breeding and management of domestic livestock."
Which member(s) is from the livestock industry?

Any members from the guiding industry?

Any members former wildlife biologists?
Bill Lane is a rancher. A good friend of mine thinks very highly of him.

Bill Lane & Lesley Robinson are from Ag backgrounds.

Pat Tabor is an outfitter.

Pat Byorth is the long Bullock hold-over. he's a fisheries biologist.

KC Walsh is the CEO of Simms Fishing Gear

Brian Cebull owns Oil & Gas related companies

Jana Waller has Skullbound productions, a TV hunting media company.

I am looking for information about each MT Fish and Wildlife Commissioner.
Information such as: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=gameboard.bogmembers

Is there public information on the web that is more detailed than
simply name and district of each member such as: https://fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/commission

Thanks.
You shared the like to FWP website that is more detailed than simply name and district for each member as described in your Alaska link.

REGION 1​

Patrick Tabor - Vice Chair
[email protected]
406-250-2899
Whitefish, Montana
Pat Tabor recently retired from the Swan Group of Companies, which operates a full spectrum of outfitting and recreation services in Northwest Montana. Prior to forming the Swan Group, Pat was an executive with an International Accounting firm for over 25 years. Currently, Pat provides specialized consulting services focused on the outdoor recreation industry. He has BS and MBA degrees from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Photo of Commissioner Tabor

REGION 2​

Jana Waller

[email protected]
(920) 222-1136
Lolo, Montana

From article not FWP: https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_ce06cf34-bcc2-589d-bc7a-07020156881c.html

615ccc49e33c8.image.jpg

Jana Waller
Jana Waller
Courtesy photo
"Waller produces and hosts the hunting show Skull Bound Chronicles on Carbon TV after co-producing Skull Bound TV on the Sportsman Channel for nine years. She is also a freelance outdoor writer and has appeared on other outdoor-oriented TV shows. Gianforte praised Waller’s work in conservation and particularly with getting veterans outdoors in a press release announcing the nomination.
“It’s truly an honor to accept this appointment from Gov. Gianforte,” Waller said in an email. “I understand the complexity and importance of wildlife management and look forward to representing Region 2 and Montana as a whole. I am very passionate about Montana’s wildlife, habitat and traditions and will listen to all sides of the issues to make sound decisions for the herds, flocks and people of Montana.”
Waller’s term will run until Jan. 1, 2023."

REGION 3​

Pat Byorth
[email protected]
(406) 548-4830
Bozeman, Montana
District 2 Commissioner, Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission, and Montana Water Director, Trout Unlimited’s Western Water and Habitat Project
Patrick Byorth joined the Montana Water Program at Trout Unlimited as a staff attorney in August, 2009 and became Montana Water Director in 2013. His work at Trout Unlimited focuses on restoration of instream flows and habitats to benefit native and wild fishes through community-based efforts, water transactions and water policy reform. His natural resource work began in 1986, after earning a B.A. in biology and chemistry from Carroll College and in 1990 an M.S. in fish and wildlife management from Montana State University. He spent nearly 17 years as a fisheries biologist with Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks working to restore Arctic Grayling, Yellowstone Cutthroat and Westslope Cutthroat trout in their native waters. As a fisheries biologist managing the renowned wild trout fisheries of the Madison and Gallatin river basins, Patrick watched over mountain lakes, reservoirs, and streams large and small. During a building boom in the area, he was deeply involved in permitting and land use planning issues, attempting to ensure streams and fisheries were not overlooked by development.
Pat shifted gears in 2006, entering the legal profession to focus on water law, instream flow restoration, and water policy reform, earning a J.D. at the University of Montana School of Law in 2009 and was admitted to the Montana Bar, Montana Federal District Court, and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Patrick served as President of the Montana Chapter of the American Fisheries Society and was recognized as the Chapter's Fisheries Professional of the Year in 2006. He is the founding Chairman of Montana Aquatic Resources Services, Inc., an aquatic mitigation company innovating new strategies for restoring Montana’s streams, lakes and wetlands. Patrick served as Vice Chair of the Greater Gallatin Water Council. He joined the board of the Four Corners Community Foundation in 2017. In 2019, Montana Governor Steve Bullock appointed him to the Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission to represent Southwest Montana.
Pat Byorth, Montana Fish & Wildlife District 3 Commissioner

REGION 4​

KC Walsh
[email protected]
(406) 599-9556
Martinsdale, Montana
K.C. Walsh is the Executive Chairman and majority owner of Simms Fishing Products, based in Bozeman, Montana. Simms manufactures and markets top quality fishing gear, including fishing waders, footwear, outerwear and a diverse collection of sportswear. Simms is distributed through over 5,000 retail outlets in 36 countries worldwide, and has 150 employees in Bozeman.
Active in fisheries conservation and industry organizations, Mr. Walsh has served on the Boards of the American Fly Fishing Trade Association, the American Sportfishing Association and the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation. He has served several terms on the National Board of Trout Unlimited, where he was Vice Chairman, and he currently serves as a Stewardship Director of Montana Trout Unlimited. He currently serves on the Board of the National Fish & Wildlife Foundation, on the Executive Committee and Board of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP) and the Board of the Property Environmental Research Center (PERC).
Prior to his leadership of Simms, Walsh was a management consultant with Deloitte Consulting and was a vice president in a major independent oil and gas company based in Denver. Mr. Walsh graduated with a BA from Colorado College, and earned an MBA from the Wharton School.
Photo of Commissioner Walsh

Last edited:

REGION 5​

Brian Cebull
[email protected]
(406) 860-7416
Billings, Montana
Brian Cebull is a Montana native who currently resides in Billings. He has spent his career in the oil and gas industry and currently is the President & CEO of GTUIT, LLC, an ESG focused technology company that he co-founded that specializes in reducing and eliminating emissions from oil and gas well sites. Brian is a lifelong hunter and fisherman who has experienced many outdoor adventures around the world. By far, his biggest source of hunting pride is having the luck to draw tags and harvest the “big three” in Montana- moose, bighorn sheep, and mountain goat- all over the course of 7 years. Brian is actively involved in wildlife conservation and is a member of RMEF, FNAWS, and is a life member of SCI and the NRA. He spent 9 years on the Board of Montana SCI and is the past chapter president and banquet chair. When he’s not working, shooting, or enjoying the outdoors, Brian can be found managing and tending his property located south of Billings.
Photo of Commissioner Cebull

REGION 6​

Lesley Robinson - Commission Chair
[email protected]
(406) 301-0787
Dodson, Montana
My husband Jim and I ranch near Zortman. Wildlife is part of our daily lives and we have a deep appreciation of wildlife. Our family ranch has been enrolled in the Block Management program since 2000, providing extensive opportunities for the hunting community. Through this process, we have built long standing friendships with hunters who have come to our ranch, some for generations. Hunting, trapping and fishing are a big part of our family's heritage. It is important to me to be active at the local and state level and have had the opportunity to serve on several boards through the years including twelve years as Phillips County commissioner. I believe that customer service and being responsive to the public is a top priority and I am committed to fulfilling those duties.
Photo of Commissioner Robinson

REGION 7​

William Lane
[email protected]
(406) 778-2155
Ismay, Montana

JLS commented on Lane.

1641515971226.png

Also from the article linked above for Waller:

"Lane owns and operates Crescent Cross Ranch, a family operation specializing in black Angus cattle. He said he believes he can bring the multifaceted perspective of a landowner, sportsman and former outfitter to the commission.
“The biggest thing is I felt disconnect as far as being able to have our area represented,” he said of his interest in serving on the commission. “Not that they did a bad job but it’s way different in southeastern Montana than in western Montana, and I thought I could offer hopefully some common sense and listen to all different sides before I make my decision. “

Lane sees the heightened emotions around many of the commission’s decisions, saying he wants to make the best informed decisions that while not always popular make the most sense for the majority of people.
Lane’s term will run until Jan. 1, 2025."

Thanks.
Is the Commission Chair the same Lesley Robinson
who ran with the current governor as candidate for lieutenant governor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back