Medication buck

ihuntelk

A couple buddies told me I need to be medicated after my Wyo rifle deer hunt. I backpacked in one evening and set up the tent in the dark. Hunted the next 2 days and then headed out the morning of day 3 to make my daughter's volleyball game.
I made a day hike into this country almost 15 years ago. Finally made it back after dreaming about it for too many falls. Not sure why it took me so long....... Can't wait to bowhunt it next year.

Deer #1 - pic doesn't do him justice. Went to bed 15 minutes before sunup and only moved once during the day to turn around in his bed. Every other buck got up about 5:30to pee and feed for 10 minutes before going back to bed. Then they were back up at 6:30 for the evening. Day 1, this guy never came out when I could see him. Day 2 he was in his bed before I could see him. Finally came out for the last 30 minutes of light. I would have made a stalk on this deer if I'd have found his hidey-spot a couple hours earlier.
1.jpg

I know you're in there!
1x2.jpg

Deer #2 was a great framed 4x4. Looks like a 3x4 but had a 2 inch 'fork' on his main beam. He was visible several times during both days. Just not quite what I was looking for.
2.jpg
2x2.jpg
2x3.jpg
2x4.jpg

Deer #3 also had a nice frame on him. Needs another year or 2 but has the potential. He was in a killable location both days and would be up and feeding by 5:30 each evening.
3.jpg
3x2.jpg

Deer #4 hung out the first day with deer #2. Second day he was by himself but was killable both days. Great backs. Fronts are better than they look as they really curl in. Just needs another candle or two on the cake.............
4.jpg
4x2.jpg

Unique to see a sow with 3 cubs. Also pretty unique to have all 3 cubs brown. The light brown cub was so cute. Crawled up the Elderberry tree and pulled down a branch with a big cluster on it. Sat on his hiney and ate that whole cluster.
bear.jpg
bearx2.jpg

Here's the mountain the bucks were bedding in.
beds.jpg

Here's camp.
camp2.jpg
Pretty happy to get back to camp and find out that my girls had sent some pink to decorate with.
camp.jpg

Pretty colors and good optics are a must in the high country.
hillx2.jpg
hillx3.jpg

I didn't have any other hunters in 'my' basin so I won't show any other scenery pics. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Only medication I needed after coming off the mountain was 2 motrin. I'm still not sure what my buddies were insinuating! ;)

-Cade

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time. Great pics on some really good bucks.

Great story, its always adds to the excitement when you can really differentiate the bucks from one another.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. With you passing bucks like those, call me the "Dumpster Diver."

those are some great bucks that I would have been glad to get a chance at, thanks for sharing.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back