MeatEater 206

brah you’re getting ski movies wrong - every pow shredder knows they rank as:

1- Ski School (so far ahead - like Powder days at steamboat compared to any resort in MN/WI/MI)
...<big gap>
2- Hot Dog
3- Aspen extreme
4- Ski Patrol
99- Ski School 2
Does Hot Dog have a ton of nudity in it?
I was watching a free version I found on the internet last weekend and I couldn’t tell if it was the real thing or not.

1- Ski School (so far ahead - like Powder days at steamboat compared to any resort in MN/WI/MI)
...<big gap>
2- Hot Dog
3- Aspen extreme
4- Ski Patrol
99- Ski School 2

No mention of Out Cold? I have never skied or snowboarded and have not seen any of the other movies mentioned. But I still rank Out Cold above them.

...<big gap>
2- Hot Dog
3- Aspen extreme
4- Ski Patrol
99- Ski School 2

#1 Hot Dog
#2 Aspen Extreme

No way.. Ski School sucks, it's like a bunch of Hollywoods guy who had never skied tried to remake Hot Dog and just did a crappy job.

Hot Dog is the Citizen Kane of the ski sex comedy.

@DouglasR yeah dude if you aren't questioning if the movie you are watching should have a NC-17 rating you aren't watching the right movie.

Aspen extreme gets full props because it dives into the dark underbelly of the mountain town, heavily drug use, depression, death via accident or suicide.

#3 would be Robert Redford's Downhill Racer

Since everyone clearly has time some on their hands

Shane McConkey - Greatest skier who ever lived

I know what I'm watching tonight, just got to stop by the "store" first

1581016009769.png

#1 Hot Dog
#2 Aspen Extreme

No way.. Ski School sucks, it's like a bunch of Hollywoods guy who had never skied tried to remake Hot Dog and just did a crappy job.

Hot Dog is the Citizen Kane of the ski sex comedy.

@DouglasR yeah dude if you aren't questioning if the movie you are watching should have a NC-17 rating you aren't watching the right movie.

Aspen extreme gets full props because it dives into the dark underbelly of the mountain town, heavily drug use, depression, death via accident or suicide.

#3 would be Robert Redford's Downhill Racer

Since everyone clearly has time some on their hands

I know what I'm watching tonight, just got to stop by the "store" first

View attachment 127603

"A twistin’ triple? I’ve never even *seen* one of those done before. Are you qualified to do that?"

"We’ll I’m gonna do it."

-------------------------
Favorite scene ^, we had a "pg-13" version that some of our ski coaches made and distributed to the team. My dad and I destroyed that VHS watching it some many times. My dad made it to nationals in this era of freestyle skiing so we had a ball watching it together.

The thing to keep in my is that this movie as for it's era amazing skiing, it's on par with what Dick Barrymore was shooting at the time... what I think really separates it from later movies are the mogul and ballet scenes. Most later movies just had guys hucking their carcasses off some huge cliff. Looks good for the hollywood audience but requires 0 skill. Jamie Pierre had balls of steel but he will never be mentioned in the same sentence as Wayne Wong, Tanner Hall, JP Auclair, Shane McConkey, or Mikael Kingsbury.

You sound like me describing Reservoir Dogs. I can feel the importance.

"All right ramblers, let's get rambling!"

1581018779226.png

"A twistin’ triple? I’ve never even *seen* one of those done before. Are you qualified to do that?"

"We’ll I’m gonna do it."

-------------------------
Favorite scene ^, we had a "pg-13" version that some of our ski coaches made and distributed to the team. My dad and I destroyed that VHS watching it some many times. My dad made it to nationals in this era of freestyle skiing so we had a ball watching it together.

The thing to keep in my is that this movie as for it's era amazing skiing, it's on par with what Dick Barrymore was shooting at the time... what I think really separates it from later movies are the mogul and ballet scenes. Most later movies just had guys hucking their carcasses off some huge cliff. Looks good for the hollywood audience but requires 0 skill. Jamie Pierre had balls of steel but he will never be mentioned in the same sentence as Wayne Wong, Tanner Hall, JP Auclair, Shane McConkey, or Mikael Kingsbury.

Here I was with you on TABOR’s ill effects and you disparage Dave Marshak and Section 8? For shame...

(as a ‘ski’ movie - you’ve got a point - they had one passable aerialist and then a bunch of resort mogul skiers...but the storyline was so much more :) )

Truth

Here I was with you on TABOR’s ill effects and you disparage Dave Marshak and Section 8? For shame...

(as a ‘ski’ movie - you’ve got a point - they had one passable aerialist and then a bunch of resort mogul skiers...but the storyline was so much more :) )

Truth

Dan O'Callahan is the only rat pack leader I want to ski with.

The meateater podcast is going downhill quickly. There's much better out there now IMO.
The most recent one, while they're ice fishing, is the first I didn't bother finishing. Steve needs to get a freakin' grip, talk about letting success going to your head. I'm ready for Janis to start his own. I'd much prefer him at this point.

What do you like? I'm looking for some more.

The Jay Scott Podcast is my favorite now. Although a lot of it is focused on Arizona/New Mexico, I have picked up a lot of useful hunting techniques from listening. It is a no BS conversation most of the time focused on effective techniques... I also enjoy the Gritty Podcast if they're not talking about gear.. Remi Warrens is okay.

The Jay Scott Podcast is my favorite now. Although a lot of it is focused on Arizona/New Mexico, I have picked up a lot of useful hunting techniques from listening. It is a no BS conversation most of the time focused on effective techniques... I also enjoy the Gritty Podcast if they're not talking about gear.. Remi Warrens is okay.
Thanks, I'll check those out. I do like the Gritty guys' videos.

If I recall correctly, the Gritty Bowman bloke was defending and downplaying the severity of Adam Greentree once he was convicted of poaching. We get enough of that crap in my country without people in a position of influence normalising it.

Gritty is intolerable.
Randy is great at times but he and Marcus are professional bush beaters, they need to work on laying off the qualifications of every statement and just talk.
I only hunting esk one I still really like is the bha podcast. But I'm a huge Hal Herring fan.
The rest are non hunting related.

The most recent one, while they're ice fishing, is the first I didn't bother finishing. Steve needs to get a freakin' grip, talk about letting success going to your head. I'm ready for Janis to start his own. I'd much prefer him at this point.
I haven't had the chance to listen for a few months, but I would like to listen to a podcast with Janis and Cal. Steve loves being the center of attention, sometimes that wears a little thin on me.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back