PEAX Equipment

Maybe I'm the one who's nuts... thoughts on the great ammo & reloading run of '21

How’d you get that much power aid
Like I said right place right time. Picked up an 8 pound jug of staball 6.5 today, along with a box of Nosler 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, 2 boxes of 140 grain partitions 6.5, and 140 gmx 6.5. They had lots of powder brass and bullets in stock. Not much on ammo.

Recently got a box of Weatherby Select Plus in .300 Wby. magnum, 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip from Optics Planet for $72.99...not a bad price for that ammo. Didn't know that Optics Planet even sold ammo. Cabela's has that same ammo for $74.99 a box. Nothing yet from Midway USA.

Recently got a box of Weatherby Select Plus in .300 Wby. magnum, 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip from Optics Planet for $72.99...not a bad price for that ammo. Didn't know that Optics Planet even sold ammo. Cabela's has that same ammo for $74.99 a box. Nothing yet from Midway USA.
This may come to a surprise but midway is way over priced on alot of stuff right now. I hope everyone is sitting down but I bought some 6.5-300 Weatherby on gun broker that cost $82 a box by the time I paid shipping and tax. The exact same ammo was in stock at midway for $96 a box.

This may come to a surprise but midway is way over priced on alot of stuff right now. I hope everyone is sitting down but I bought some 6.5-300 Weatherby on gun broker that cost $82 a box by the time I paid shipping and tax. The exact same ammo was in stock at midway for $96 a box.
Yeah, Midway's price on the same ammo that I just got is $84.99/box...still out of stock with no back order...but Larry Potterfield will say "thanks for your business", lol!

People bought out the nation’s toilet paper supply in March when a handful of people had a virus that doesn’t cause diarrhea.
‘Toilet paper anxiety’ became an actual term.
I am not surprised ammo is scarce.
Not trying to be pedantic but diarrhea is actually fairly common during the early stages of Covid infection just prior to the onset of fever and respiratory symptoms.

With the intentions of the current administration aired, it has done nothing but push the frenzy even harder. This time around has been much worse than any of the previous ones I can remember.
But don't you think that was already baked into the cake? Are there any would-be gun/ammo hoarders out there who didn't already assume the administration was going to announce exactly what it announced?

But don't you think that was already baked into the cake? Are there any would-be gun/ammo hoarders out there who didn't already assume the administration was going to announce exactly what it announced?
Many assumed earlier on which compounded the supply issues, those who were more naive hadn't gotten as serious about it until the past month or so. I've been parked in some components and reloading groups on various platforms and the influx of users in the past month has been enormous, especially those brand new to reloading.

Irrationality and ignorance that leads to panic buying then toss in a
large smattering of opportunism and greed and this is what you get.
Pretty hard to be sympathetic to largly self induced situation.
That’s just part of it. Production reduced due to Rona and Remington being screwed up. Millions of new shooters.
When standard hunting rounds aren’t available, that’s not irrationality, that’s a shortage.

That’s just part of it. Production reduced due to Rona and Remington being screwed up. Millions of new shooters.
When standard hunting rounds aren’t available, that’s not irrationality, that’s a shortage.
Yea, the guy looking to buy a 303 British because he bought 20 boxes of ammo is really rational.
Just one example of all the insanity I have witnessed.

Not trying to be pedantic but diarrhea is actually fairly common during the early stages of Covid infection just prior to the onset of fever and respiratory symptoms.

I won't argue that, but if you get diarrhea so bad that you go through a garage full of toilet paper you probably died of dehydration well before the respiratory symptoms kicked in.

Yea, the guy looking to buy a 303 British because he bought 20 boxes of ammo is really rational.
Just one example of all the insanity I have witnessed.
That's one of the few calibers of brass on the shelf down at a local store. I ask myself who buys this stuff, esp. in a state where you can't hunt edible game with a CF rifle?

If you look closely at some of the sellers on Gunbroker, they have been selling since sept or oct 2020. Bought it by the pallet load and controlling the supply. Obviously seeking economic success at others expense. Remember, you don't have to pay those prices. Shoot your bow for awhile. I don't mind making a buck or two but deliberately f'ing people is not my game. I have begun to wonder how many die hard revolutionaries were and are stocking up. They may be hurting the supply chains as well.

At the local store today there was H4350, Superformance, Couple varieties of Ramshot and a version of shotshell powder. Saw a couple of boxes of bullets as well. We will get there.

There's a store close by me that had lots of powder for shotgun, probably 20 lbs of stabal 6.5 and 3 pounds of 50bmg. The staball was 43.95 a pound. Didn't need to look at anything else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back