Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Maybe I'm the one who's nuts... thoughts on the great ammo & reloading run of '21

Any 300 PRC on those shelves? What about Berger Hunting VLD's in 30 CAL in any weight over 200 gr?

Click on the picture and enlarge it, then you would have a better idea, I didn’t take notes...

Any 300 PRC on those shelves? What about Berger Hunting VLD's in 30 CAL in any weight over 200 gr?
I saw a box of 300 prc a couple of weeks ago doubt it's still there. I saw some bergers today but don't know if they are hunting or not 200.5 grain.

Gross profit margins are calculated as I said, many who aren't very knowledgeable on pricing/accounting calculation terms, such as he, call it markup - even though the two are not the same.

But what do I know, I only administered the systems for a multi-hundred million dollar regional chain for a decade. Surprised they're still in business, I better ask for a refund on my BCS.

Yes, maybe he should have told you that ammunition is high right now before he rang your card through, but lately the cheapest I've seen for a box of 50 9mm federals is 36 bucks.
Did it say profit margins? No, he said he marks it up 13 percent. Also, he said he pays 36.50 and it doesn't matter the terminology you use the fact is it's 36.45. If I'm being scrutinized for .06 then it's fair for me to do the same over .05.

As a business owner when you come off like you don't care how expensive the stuff is even if it's 3x higher than normal you should expect to get bad reviews.

I have bought 9mm for 14.99 a box of 50 this week.

Attachments

• 20210311_151321.jpg
    20210311_151321.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 19
Well, I'm very reluctant to say this, but I actually dropped $175 this morning on 2lb of H4831sc on a GunBroker auction. Spring bear season is soon and I want to use it in our .270s, possibly 280AI, and make sure I still have some for hunting ammo going into the fall. I'd have never done it otherwise. I'm feeling kind sick about it, but haven't seen any for couple months and no way to know when I might again, and like I said, bear season is imminent.

Go ahead and flame me, I deserve it for caving to the price gougers. I won't even defend myself. But hell, I had the money, need the propellant, and I've just gotten sick of calling Bob Wards and Cabela's 3 times a week and getting told "no". This shortage sucks.

😞

Well, I'm very reluctant to say this, but I actually dropped $175 this morning on 2lb of H4831sc on a GunBroker auction.
It's crazy these days......I'm starting to prepare myself for prices to not come down even when supply meets demand. When places can get $2, $3 or $4 a round for ammunition for as long as they have been then why would they drop the price later. I'm starting to see primers once in a while for $0.30 or $0.40 per primer and think....hey, that's not too bad until I remember what they used to cost.

It saddens me to see 48 pages of enterprising individuals selling primers on GB. I wonder where all your primers are at? For those of us who didn't hoard a lifetime supply when we could, we may just have to step back and wait. No sense to keep the madness happening. Why should the manufactures keep selling at prices that are letting the scalpers make a killing? The scalpers are damaging the system.

Well, I'm very reluctant to say this, but I actually dropped $175 this morning on 2lb of H4831sc on a GunBroker auction. Spring bear season is soon and I want to use it in our .270s, possibly 280AI, and make sure I still have some for hunting ammo going into the fall. I'd have never done it otherwise. I'm feeling kind sick about it, but haven't seen any for couple months and no way to know when I might again, and like I said, bear season is imminent.
Sending you a PM.

Many of us have been thru these oscillations in availability and pricing. They do hinge on who is in office, whether you like it or not. The problem is the pendulum has swung so hard that people fear it may have stuck. There is palpable fear that civil discourse is gone, that this country is on the precipice of armed conflict. That is why people are paying extortionate prices.

Won't people eventually run out of places to put their ammo? Seems silly at this point.

I'm getting close to supporting gun grabber schemes for maximum monthly ammo purchases. Not because I want Gov regulation, but dang, I need something to kill a deer!

Currently there are powders being dropped on Powder Valley, but they'll quickly go out of stock as I post this. Currently have 4831SC and various other hodgdon and winchester powders.
I got a notification about this this morning. I was driving between Deer Lodge and Missoula at the time. Litterally in the time it took me to pull off to the side of the road and pull up Powder Valley it was out of stock. It's crazy.

I got a notification about this this morning. I was driving between Deer Lodge and Missoula at the time. Litterally in the time it took me to pull off to the side of the road and pull up Powder Valley it was out of stock. It's crazy.
The regular 4831 was available for quite a while.

For those of us who didn't hoard a lifetime supply when we could, we may just have to step back and wait.
Those of us that assembled a good supply of what we need aren't hoarders. I started 12 years ago. Like it or not, political climate drives availability. I'm good with what I have, but I grab everything I see I may need in the next four, or eight years if need be. mtmuley

Those of us that assembled a good supply of what we need aren't hoarders. I started 12 years ago. Like it or not, political climate drives availability. I'm good with what I have, but I grab everything I see I may need in the next four, or eight years if need be. mtmuley
I'm starting to do this.

Go ahead and flame me, I deserve it for caving to the price gougers. I won't even defend myself. But hell, I had the money, need the propellant, and I've just gotten sick of calling Bob Wards and Cabela's 3 times a week and getting told "no". This shortage sucks.

😞
Powder valley now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back